Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

WELL DONE GLEN

What ever the result at the weekend the management team led by Glenn Bellis at Harefield United have done a tremendous job this season. Coming in from the u18s last year mid table was the prediction for this season but the team have performed well above expectations and could (maybe should) win the league this season. Keep playing the football we want to watch.

well done everyone involved.

Buck Rogers - I'm afraid I beg to differ, there has to be a question mark against any team and its Management who surrender an eight point lead in January and get pipped at the post on the final day of the season which is what will happen on Saturday:

http://www.uxbridgegazette.co.uk/west-lo...13046-22683513/

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Buck Rogers - I'm afraid I beg to differ, there has to be a question mark against any team and its Management who surrender an eight point lead in January and get pipped at the post on the final day of the season which is what will happen on Saturday:

Well done to Glen, Jesse, Keith, the Tea ladies, the Team, and everyone else at this really friendly Club for a great season. Fantastic Club, superb ground and facilities, top football to watch for a fiver.

Rhodes, I think we may well have been about 19 points clear at one time. Tomorrow is going to be a humdinger though, so hold onto your hat, batten down the hatches and hold your horses, the Hares are gonna blow your bleedin' socks of tomorrow.

Up the Hares Up the Wares, Up Boris and Up Yours! elephant

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

Well done to Glen, Jesse, Keith, the Tea ladies, the Team, and everyone else at this really friendly Club for a great season. Fantastic Club, superb ground and facilities, top football to watch for a fiver.

Have to agree with you there SS. The club were very hospitable when we visited a few weeks ago.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles

Have to agree with you there SS. The club were very hospitable when we visited a few weeks ago.

Not too snooty then? grin

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

You never fail to get my back up mongo ..

Harefield had played some 5 or 6 games more than every one else and had won them, so they havent blown a lead the others have simply put in a great run in playing the games in hand and caught Harefield up.
Why not give credit to the club for what is turning out to be a great season.
Sorry what club are you destroying now !!

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Not too snooty for me Sam. Top nibbles in the board room smile

Having thought about it Willo, I've never managed to breach the tight security surrounding the Hares' boardroom. What was it like?

I can imagine an array of red leather chesterfield sofas, dangling chandeliers bejewelled with the finest diamonds sourced from the deepest South African mines. A cocktail cabinet, maybe, with some exotic rums that have aged nicely over the years, and Keith, the Chairman, sitting behind a green leather topped writing table with a Panama cigar on the go.

Jesse, after a hose down, would, maybe, have his maroon and gold smoking jacket on. Glenn, in his tuxedo. A rather refined, dignified, grande affair I would have thought.

The tea ladies, seen through the smoky, hazy atmosphere, now without their aprons, and elegantly draped in their finery, would be discussing the intricacies of the new offside laws, perhaps.

Canapes, smoked scottish salmon, roasted hogs head...that kinda thing. Am I right willo?...Is that what it's like? smile

I would just like to add my congratulations to Glen and the coaching staff,the players for a great end of season spectacle and everyone on match days who make our visits so enjoyable, alot of hard work by some dedicated people,thank you.

What about the pitch best one I have seen this season.

What ever the out come its a big WELL DONE from me drinkies

Oh and Rhodes go and haunt someone else! evil2

Originally Posted By: Thefan

You never fail to get my back up mongo ..
Harefield had played some 5 or 6 games more than every one else and had won them, so they havent blown a lead the others have simply put in a great run in playing the games in hand and caught Harefield up.
Why not give credit to the club for what is turning out to be a great season.
Sorry what club are you destroying now !!

Thefan - That's a little uncalled for. On 17 January this year Harefield United had played 23 games and acquired 50 points, Biggleswade Town were on 35 points from 20 games and Chalfont St Peter had 32 points from 19 games so even if Biggleswade and Chalfont had won their respective three and four games in hand Harefield should have still been capable of sustaining their commanding lead for the rest of the season. Therefore they have thrown the Championship away in my opinion.