Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

Well that news is a turn up for the books.

Good luck & maybe, just maybe Edgware may return to The White Lion Ground.

I know alot of rubbish has been written with regards to Edgware Town FC, Edgware FC & Southill Alexander FC, but I genuinely got involved to keep the good name of Edgware in non league football. In the end it didn't pan out that way, but whoever does manage to pull it off has my support !

Originally Posted By: Bilbo

It's still a long way before football is played at the White Lion again.

Bilbo - Do you mean for Edgware Town, what's stopping another Club playing at the White Lion Ground next season like Kentish Town for example if they are unable to secure a groundshare at Silver Jubilee Park

I think what Bilbo says is right: 'It's still a long way before football is played at the White Lion again.' He didn't say it would be Edgware Town did he?

I don't think the landlord has given up hope that his original application, which was given outline planning approval back in September 2006 will still go through, but as the press release says Edgeware Developments did not refer this to the Mayor

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic

I know alot of rubbish has been written with regards to Edgware Town FC, Edgware FC & Southill Alexander FC, but I genuinely got involved to keep the good name of Edgware in non league football. In the end it didn't pan out that way, but whoever does manage to pull it off has my support !

Syd Lexic - I couldn't agree more, I too got involved for that very same reason and although our good intentions were unceremoniously thrown back in our faces it would still be nice to see Edgware Town rise from the ashes again one day.

Not that old chestnut again Rhodes. Can't you change the tune it is getting rather boring!

Edgware Town will be playing again in the 2010-20011 season but I don't think it will be at the White Lion unless things change dramatically at Harrow Council and they deny Edegware Developments original application toot sweet.