Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town

Originally Posted By: Rak

Will make plans for next season at a later date.

So you admit you were sold a pup then when being talked into taking charge of Kentish Town, Clement Temile was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Rak

Will make plans for next season at a later date.

So you admit you were sold a pup then when being talked into taking charge of Kentish Town, Clement Temile was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Rhodes - you are such a disease at times.
Why not start a seperate thread instead of hijacking an existing Edgware Town thread?
And before Bitch comes on stream and accuses me of having a go at you, it's nothing personal OK!!

Bramley - What is your connection with Edgware Town out of interest

Bramley - What is your connection with Edgware Town out of interest

Rhodes, I was born and raised in Edgware and Edgware Town were the first team that I went to watch as a lad.
Moved to Basingstoke when it became an allocated overspill town many years ago. That is it in it's briefest form.

Bramley - Thanks for clarifying that, I do have a great deal of respect for everyone who used to be connected with Edgware Town however, and yes there is a but, what still rankles and leaves a bad taste in the mouth is the fact that when we, ie what is now Southill Alexander, tried to help in 'reforming' the Club in order to retain the great Edgware name it was thrown back in our faces in no uncertain terms.

Bramley - Thanks for clarifying that, I do have a great deal of respect for everyone who used to be connected with Edgware Town however, and yes there is a but, what still rankles and leaves a bad taste in the mouth is the fact that when we, ie what is now Southill Alexander, tried to help in 'reforming' the Club in order to retain the great Edgware name it was thrown back in our faces in no uncertain terms.

I do not know the facts about this 'reforming' - nor wish to, as I strongly believe that only what is achieved in the future has importance. From what I have read to date there has been a great deal of work undertaken already in your new venture and wish it well.
Should Edgware Town rise from the ashes and play again at the WLG that also to me would be wonderful. Trust you can play nicely LOL.

what still rankles and leaves a bad taste in the mouth is the fact that when we, ie what is now Southill Alexander, tried to help in 'reforming' the Club in order to retain the great Edgware name it was thrown back in our faces in no uncertain terms.

Rhodent, you keep propagating this myth about your offer to help Edgware Town.

Pray tell us who you approached and exactly what this 'reforming' was supposed to achieve.

I beleive even Numpty jumped ship when he discovered your motives or is this who you are refereing to when you say 'it was thrown back in our faces?'

Bilbo - All this has been very well documented on previous threads, at the end of the day the people currently involved in Southill Alexander threw their hats into the ring, out of the goodness of their hearts, to give the likes of you, Oracle, Samuelsmiles, Bramley and Ken Batten the opportunity to follow a Club carrying the famous Edgware name and you ungratefully threw, sorry chucked, it back in our faces. I don't see any sign of the old Edgware Town reforming for next season as you misled us to believe so why didn't you just swallow your pride and grab our arms off.

Bramley - Ken Batten openly stated that Edgware Town would be back in business next season in some shape or form but I haven't seen any evidence of that as yet, I'm only stating facts.

Rhodes I think you will find that Ken's statement and information I posted was that Edgware Town FC will reform for the 2010/11 season.

Why would anyone connected with the real Edgware Town want to have anything to do with the likes of you?

As Bilbo said even Gavin jumped ship when he found out what you had in mind. That I think, says it all.

Rhodes, I'm confused at something you're saying. Define "we, at Southill Alexander" for me, please. Just wondering what you have done to assist in the forming of the club? I haven't seen you on any of the boards that has been assisting with the building of the club or anything of the sort. I'm very confused.

Originally Posted By: Chopper TN

Rhodes, I'm confused at something you're saying. Define "we, at Southill Alexander" for me, please. Just wondering what you have done to assist in the forming of the club? I haven't seen you on any of the boards that has been assisting with the building of the club or anything of the sort. I'm very confused.

Chopper TN - You don't appear to have a Facebook account whilst the Club's Website is being constructed, 'we' as in the First Team Manager, Matchday Secretary and CEO (see below):

Officers
Steve Foster
First Team Manager
Clifford Rhodes
Matchday Secretary

Sally Fletcher
CEO

Admins
Sally Fletcher
Clifford Rhodes
Steve Foster

Originally Posted By: Bilbo

Makes you wonder about Rhodents involvement when he can't even tell you who the officers of the club are?

Bilbo - Chopper TN was simply asking about my involvement that's all as he asked me to 'define we' which I did, that's what appears on the Facebook entry for the Club which just needs amending, he didn't ask about the CEO anyway so your post is totally irrelavant.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE
I think the FA require a Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary on their registration forms?

The FA haven't caught up with the brave new world of CEO's yet Oracle! I'm sure the perspicacious Darter was able to translate her trendy terminoligy into FAspeak for the forms.

Originally Posted By: ORACLE
It appears that Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, has instructed Harrow Council to refuse the planning application for building houses on the White Lion Ground.

http://www.edgwaretownfc.com/NewIndex.htm

Another snippet...........

From the Harrow Observer

Boris blocks Edgware stadium-to-estate bid
Apr 24 2009 By Ian Proctor
Mayor of London Boris Johnson addresses a debate on Heathrow Airport expansion
PLANS to tear down a football stadium in Edgware and build a new housing estate in its place have been blocked by Boris Johnson.
The capital's Conservative Mayor has instructed Harrow Council to refuse Edgeware Developments permission to demolish White Lion Football Ground in Burnt Oak Broadway to make way for 189 properties.
Interestingly, the mayor originally supported the application and had no intention of telling the council to throw it out but appears to have changed his mind because of the loss of open space. The land is designated as such in the council's unitary development plan.
The football ground was the home of Edgware Town FC from 1939 until the team's sponsor pulled out and the club closed down, remaining in all but name now.
Despite the setback, Edgeware Developments may still be able to act on outline planning permision it won in September 2006 from Harrow Council's development control committee for the redevelopment of the site to provide 164 flats and 11 houses in nine blocks of three and five storey buildings.
However, Councillor Navin Shah (Labour), London Assembly member for Harrow and Brent, believes there may be some legal problems because the 2006 application was never referred to the mayor's office - when Labour's Ken Livingstone was still in power - to decide whether to use his veto, which is what has happened with the 2008 scheme.