Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tony Kempster

"Thursday, April 23

Not Good News

by another on Thu 23 Apr 2009 08:43 BST

Saw my consultant yesterday for the results of my scan and, as I expected, the tumour on my liver has shown significant growth. It is now deteriorating quite quickly and the consiltant told me that it is very unlikely that I will survive into 2010. In fact, it will probably be sooner than that.

Sorry to put this as bluntly as I have but there really is no other way of saying it.

I am currently still feeling good as I am on the steroids and we will make the most of each day as it comes before the deterioration sets in.

As for my football site, I will be freezing it at the end of the current season and there will be no more updates after that.

Not a lot more to say really."

Very sad news.

Tony does have a 'henchman' on the site who is quite ruthless in moderating and deleting posts, far more so than on here, I'm sure he could keep the site going if asked however if Tony has decided to freeze it we'll have to abide by his wishes.

another's Non-League site and the forum, although closely linked, are seperate entities. TK has stated the Non-League will be frozen at the end of this season but the forum will continue unchanged.

As to the moderating on that forum being "ruthless" I can only assume that you say that because you have had posts deleted on there, whereas on here you get to say whatever you want, no matter how banal, inflammatory or off-topic. Ask all those people who have had posts deleted from the FF forum, and indeed been banned altogether, about "ruthless" moderating.

Sjj2112 - So you're saying that the Keeps for example didn't deserve to be banned from this Forum for their antics, I beg to differ.

• 1 month later...
Quote:

From nonleaguedaily.com:

another, famous doyen of the non-League scene these last ten years and facilitator of the world's best and most authoratitive non-League results coverage pages on the internet, sadly passed away during the evening on Sunday, 14th June 2009.

Tony was respected and dare say adored by masses of Pyramid-level football supporters the world over and he will be sorely missed by his literally thousands of friends and acquaintances throughout the non-League world, especially those from "Tony's Non-League Forum" the sister-site to his reference site, "Tony's English Football Site".

Tony - RIP

Very sad news. A true & respected figure of the non league game. My condolences go out to his family & many friends.

I never visited his site but I have heard many people talk about his good work in non league. Sad news indeed.

RIP