Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hiding Shout Box

Just upgraded to the latest version - can you let me know...

a) If this solves your problem

B) Which browser you are using if it does not.

Just to recap, you need to click on 'My prefs', which should open up a new window shoutbox1.jpg

Also worth checking to see if a pop-up blocker is preventing it from appearing - it shouldn't, but it might.

The popup should look something like this.shoutbox2.jpg

Thanks.

Hi,

On my work machine, which is running IE6 SP3 on XP, when I click on "My Prefs" it goes to the shotbox main entry screen, and then greys out. Pop ups are allowed, but nothing appears.

I will try on my IE7 Xp desktop at home, and also on my IE8 Vista laptop later tonight.

Gary

Hi,

On my work machine, which is running IE6 SP3 on XP, when I click on "My Prefs" it goes to the shotbox main entry screen, and then greys out. Pop ups are allowed, but nothing appears.

I will try on my IE7 Xp desktop at home, and also on my IE8 Vista laptop later tonight.

Gary

Thanks - let me know.

Okay - have heard back on this....

Looks like your member has the old javascript in the browser cache, tell him to clear the browser cache and then do also an hard refresh (CTRL+F5) to load the new files.

Hope that helps - so hopefully clearly the cache in the browser will work.

Vista lap top runnin IE8 in combatibility mode works ok

XP desktop with latest IE7 does not let me log on, I get no fields to enter data in. So can not test Hiding the shout box on that pc. Even after clearing cache and doing a hard reset/reload

I don't want to change my password, as I can log on with all other computers.

By the way, I'm a QA manager, so doing this to software is part of my daily work life, and hence all the different pieces of hardware and OS.

Edited by HorshamRebel