Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lucky Charms or Superstitions

Smudge

Do you believe in them or have any,most players do.Your Lucky Socks,Certain Number,where you sit in a dressing room.A lucky ground,A lucky Ref,etc.

Im one of the worst. I have loads which include leaving socks on and putting football socks over them, must be out first to do the warm up, a pee just before kick off and I always put my towel 4 net squares from the post. My lucky ground is Chessington & Hook or Chertsey as I have had a couple of decent games there.

Do you believe in them or have any,most players do.Your Lucky Socks,Certain Number,where you sit in a dressing room.A lucky ground,A lucky Ref,etc.

Im one of the worst. I have loads which include leaving socks on and putting football socks over them, must be out first to do the warm up, a pee just before kick off and I always put my towel 4 net squares from the post. My lucky ground is Chessington & Hook or Chertsey as I have had a couple of decent games there.

Yep, I always love a bit of pussy before a game, always run over a black cat !!!!

and number 13, always start the match with 13 players, only problem is the ref always tells me to take 2 off !!

Use the same urinal or toilet at work. Won't change until I lose.

Always put my right shinpad on first.

Always put my right glove on first.

Wear the same undershirt if I had a good game or we won in the previous match

Change to a different GK shirt if we have not won for a few game in the one I was wearing.

Think thats it for the moment.

Edited by Terrence Collina

Always wear the 11 shirt, unless benched :(

Sit in same corner of home dressing room

Would have to say Frimley Green as lucky pitch, although the actual pitch is shocking most of the time, we've won every game there smilewinkgrin.gif

i have to wear the same shorts an socks wen i start the season an take em home after every game its a nightmare if wvev got three kits as have to take em all!!! also wear the same shinpads ive had since starting at lammas there old puma like sock ones which i ave to tape up before every game there in that bad a state!

also ave to wear an old chelsea training vest that paul thornton gave to me many a year ago!!

Use the same urinal or toilet at work. Won't change until I lose.

Always put my right shinpad on first.

Always put my right glove on first.

Wear the same undershirt if I had a good game or we won in the previous match

Change to a different GK shirt if we have not won for a few game in the one I was wearing.

Think thats it for the moment.

I also won't shave on the day of a game.

Lucky Ground - Scours Lane (Reading Town), providing I am in the away dressing room. Won two cup finals as a manager there.

I remember watching a programme on TV a couple of years ago regarding this very subject within the professional game.

I was amazed at just how many players have these little superstitions.