Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Latest Ryman North scores

Recommended Posts

Ware 0-2 ROMFORD (Libby 35, Thoms 41),

Brentwood (Boyce 41) 1-0 Ilford,

Enfield Tn (Hammond 45)1-0 Thamesmead,

GWR 0-0 Lowestoft,

Leyton (Odudare 13)1-1 Cheshunt (Forbes 27),

Maldon (Beverney 36)1-1 ETU (Collins 8),

Northwood 0-0 Harlow,

PBT 0-0 W&F,

Tilbury 0-1 Concord (Kalipha 23),

VCD 0-0 Redbridge,

Waltham Forest 0-1 Heybridge (Morgan 15 pen).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This may shed some light on it. This was wares report on the match.


Ware win amid uproar

Ware 4 Romford 3

(Ryman League, division one North)


WARE came out on top in a seven-goal thriller but their fightback will be overshadowed by a second half full to the brim with controversy.

The match will be remembered for a series of events just before the hour with Ware 3-1 down. Romford keeper Neil Finn kicked the ball out near the Ware dugout after he picked up an injury following a collision. With the visitors expecting the ball to be played back from the throw to their now fit keeper, Luke Marshall duly threw it to Ryan Wade, only for the little striker to launch it forward, away from the keeper and into the net.

Rage and confusion reigned for the next couple of minutes. The Romford bench were furious at what they saw as a lack of sportsmanship and even Ware boss Tony Faulkner was shouting for the throw to be taken again.

However, the goal had to stand and Faulkner then told his side to allow Romford to score. While the visitors were allowed to initially roam forward from the kick-off, some of the Ware players did not seem to agree with Faulkner’s gesture and Sam Ruff tackled the advancing Romford player and play went on with the away dugout and fans left screaming in disgust.

From their next attack moments later, Romford appeared to be allowed the chance to run through as the Ware backline stopped, but with keeper Ricky Wiseman not on the same wavelength and coming out to block, Romford’s Martin Heed fired wide, cue more anger from the away bench and support.

The first half had done little to suggest the action that was to come. Wade missed a glorious chance on six minutes when he beat the last man but rolled a left-footed shot wide.

Romford looked dangerous from set-pieces and Jamie Libby sent a header just wide from a whipped-in free-kick. The first goal arrived on 36 minutes when a corner into the six-yard box found Libby again and this time he headed home.

The lead was doubled six minutes later after a free-kick caused problems in the area and following a bit of head tennis, the ball fell for Matt Toms to smash home.

Ware switched to two up front for the second half with Adam Bolle coming on for Michael Toner and they were back in it two minutes in when a Wade corner was headed home by Matt Turpin.

However, Romford restored their two-goal advantage on 53 minutes when Wiseman seemed to lose a Toms header in the sun - or simply thought it was going wide - and reacted too late as it crept inside his post.

Then came the controversial Wade goal and just to ratchet up the temperature a little further, the fiery forward battled for a loose ball on the edge of the box and slid a shot low and into the net for the equaliser on 65 minutes.

A minute later and the frustration got the better of Romford’s Toran Sencauore as he received a second yellow card for raising an elbow in an aerial challenge. The tension hardly had time to simmer before Marshall went down in the box on 86 minutes and a penalty was awarded. Wade could only watch on as his penalty was well saved by Finn amid the jeers of the away support.

Wade was brought off, no doubt to save him from the post match anger to come, replaced by Dan Buglione. If the crowd thought that was the end of the fireworks they were mistaken. With five minutes of added time announced, there was still opportunity for Adam Bolle to slam a header against the post from a Marshall free-kick and then with seconds to spare, another Marshall set-piece deflected off a Romford defender and into the net to clinch a controversial three points.

At the final whistle, after debating matters with his opposite number, Faulkner took his team to the far side of the pitch with the Romford supporters’ chant of ‘cheats’ ringing in their ears.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't there so cannot really comment, but if true and the Ware players ignored their manager's instructions, then that says little for his position in my eyes. The word untenable springs to mind.

The defeat didn't do us too much harm, with Leyton and Harlow losing too.

And what a game this week to get the angst out of one's system...our friends from Pig Island come to Camp Moli... bring it on.... :dance (2):

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...