Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jon Challinor

I think you want to forget about the last 4 on your list and I can only see Kean as a squad player.

The midfield in a 3-5-2 should be Oakes, Graham, Glynn,Challinor/Deacon and Smith. Oakes is the best crosser of a ball we have and has to play wide right. Graham can cross the ball well enough but has to be a little more aware of exactly who he is crossing to. In the event, he would be best inside Oakes. You must have at least one decent ball winner in midfield, preferably two. I don't know much about Glynn but Deacon and Challinor certainly fit the bill.

The real problem position is left back or left wing-back, whatever you want to call it. Naylor is not good enough. Perhaps Smith should be switched to play there in a 4-4-2. He did well enough at Stockport.

Hi Woody.

I'll go along with most of that although I have a strange feeling about the make-up of the final squad.

I thought that Naylor had a fine period up until Christmas, but he wasn't the same after an injury in the second half of the season. Smith doesn't like playing at left back although you could say he should play where he is selected.

I have a hunch that the Management will be looking for a blend of experience and experience in the first few games.

[Oh, by the way. Please don't mention 'wing-backs'. Cookie might be readinmg this stuff. We haven't had one of those since Rooney.]