Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pomroy to Egham?

i,we would love to see pommers at egham playing alongside the young strikers we have in graves and mcarthy,but if he leaves chertsey i'm sure there will be plenty of sides offering him good terms to join them;)

• 2 weeks later...

i,we would love to see pommers at egham playing alongside the young strikers we have in graves and mcarthy,but if he leaves chertsey i'm sure there will be plenty of sides offering him good terms to join them;)

Just bumping this one up due to the latest with Royal Mail.

Pomroy's a postie if I'm not mistaken. In which case there's a chance he won't be playing for anyone next season. The new deal at Royal Mail has been voted in - part of which means Saturday will now be considered a standard working day which, for a delivery postie, means a 2.20 or thereabouts finish. Talk in our office is that, with the new walk sequencing machines coming in, deliveries may run as late as 4pm but I think that's just propaganda.

Every office is different and there are all sorts of local arrangements and deals to be done but Royal Mail are only guaranteeing one Saturday in four off for delivery posties. Who's gonna want a footballer who's only available once a month?

See also AUPostie and anyone else who works for RM who plays this level of football.

Of course, it's always possible to pay someone to do your duty for you every now and then so maybe Pommers will be available each week.