Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

World Cup Tipping competition

FROM THE COLD END:

World cup fever is nearly upon us so the cold end thought it would be good to run a World Cup tipping competition that will be open to anyone should you wish to apply. The rules are simple and as follows:

1) Pick who you think will win the eight groups. You will received +5 points for each correct selection.

2) Pick your surprise team of the tournament. This will be a team outside of the current top eight in the betting with williamhill.com so you can exclude Spain, Brazil, England, Argentina, Holland, Itlay, Germany and France in your selection. If your team qualifies for the last 16 you get +5 pts or +7 pts if they get to the quarter finals or beyond.

3) Pick your overall winner of the tournament. If your selection wins you get +5 pts.

4) Pick your top scorer for the tournament. If your selection comes top of the scoring charts you get +5pts.

Thats the rules!!!. There is no official prize as it's just for fun, the winner will receive the glory of being crowned 'THE COLD END WORLD CUP 2010 CHAMPION TIPSTER'

To help you enter just cut and paste the below section and add your selections and send to thecoldend@live.co.uk with your tipster name or real name whatever you prefer and which team you support!

GROUP WINNERS

A-

B-

C-

D-

E-

F-

G-

H-

SURPRISE TEAM -

OVERALL WINNER -

TOP SCORER -

Closing date is Midnight on TUESDAY 8th JUNE 2010. I will publish a list of entries sometime between Tuesday and Friday next week.

Good Luck!!

Any one wishing to take part please drop me a line on the above email??

GROUP WINNERS

A- Uruguay

B- Argentina

C- England

D- Germany

E- Holland

F- Italy

G- Brazil

H- Spain

SURPRISE TEAM - Chile

OVERALL WINNER - Spain

TOP SCORER - David Villa

I'm going with Rhodes tip, Tokynton Manor.

Just think he's a bit pee'd that FIFA wont move the Final from South Africa to the hallowed turf of the Viking Sports Ground.

GROUP WINNERS

A- France

B- Argentina

C- England

D- Germany

E- Denmark

F- Italy

G- Portugal

H- Spain

SURPRISE TEAM - Cote d'Ivoire

OVERALL WINNER - Brazil

TOP SCORER - Luis Fabiano (Brazil)

GROUP WINNERS

A- France

B- Argentina

C- England

D- Germany

E- Denmark

F- Italy

G- Portugal

H- Spain

SURPRISE TEAM - Cote d'Ivoire

OVERALL WINNER - Brazil

TOP SCORER - Luis Fabiano (Brazil)

TWIT!!!

Closing date is Midnight on TUESDAY 8th JUNE 2010. I will publish a list of entries sometime between Tuesday and Friday next week.

Good Luck!!

Pillock if he thinks France will win their group

Steve - Yesterday's game with Uraguay was always going to be a 0-0 draw, I won a very tidy sum

TWIT!!!

Closing date is Midnight on TUESDAY 8th JUNE 2010.

Keeps - What are you talking about, I posted my predictions before a ball was kicked in anger

Rhodes... your entry has been received... I extended the closing date to let more people enter inc Steve and Del... Well done on the 0-0 Uruguay match... I've not done too bad so far as had both the games on Friday as Draws and Gerrard as first goalscorer last night.... Knowing the luck I have with the small amount of betting I do it'll go downhill from now...

Thought England were average last night, 1-1 against players from fulham, Everton on-loan, Hull City and erm, somewhere unheard of, our rich megastars huffed and puffed and then....settled for a draw.

We couldn't cross a decent ball, Heskey and Rooney together done...nothing, Heskey missed a sitter and Rooney, erm nothing again, Green is third choice keeper even before his error, Johnson is not a right back, Cole can only pass the ball to Terry, Lamps and Stevie G were not the force they are at club level.

I would go for Crouch and Defoe up top ( and I'm a gooner)....they know each others game and at this level thats so important, be honest the Heskey and Rooney partneship doesn't have World Cup winners written over it, does it?

All England expects, we all have opinions but we all want the same....to be Champions of the World NOW....somehow though unless they can up it a gear or 3 then that wish may have to wait until 2014, after all last night was the USA, not Brazil, Spain, Holland, Italy etc, we can bea them can we?

Ref Off Ref - We would have won last night had it not been for 'The Hand of Clod' as the News of the World headline states this morning, I said all along that the in form Joe Hart should have played

I respect your opinions Ref but mine contacdict them somewhat.

I thought it was Seven Gerards best performance in an England shirt for a long time. Glen Johson could turn out to be the best right back in the tournament (there are plenty that arent such great defenders but attack from deep which makes it difficult to defend against when they double up with the wide midfielder.Heskey lead the line magnificently winning header after header and setting up the goal that should have won the game. No he cant finish but he isnt there for that. We should have enough goals from Rooney, Gerard, Lampard etc to cover.

Ashley Cole is regarded by pretty much all the experts (and me) to be the best left back in the world.

You dont win a tournament in the first game. We should have won 4 or 5 -1 and that in itself is encouaging because we are creating chances.By the way we battered them and they beat Spain and were 2-0 up against Brazil in the Confederation Cup at one point so they are no mugs. We made them look poor for most of the second half.

People expect England to be brilliant every game and criticise every aspect of our play. I wonder why the players play like they are under enormous pressure all the time.

Let them relax and enjoy themselves like they do at club level where the fans are loyal and supportive and back them up all the time in most cases. We as fans, or at least some of the constantly critical ones are the problem not the players.

Edited by peter p pederson

It hasn't been a particularly exciting start to the World Cup so far has it, France v Uraguay and today's Algeria v Slovenia, to name just two games, were dire affairs

somehow though unless they can up it a gear or 3 then that wish may have to wait until 2014, after all last night was the USA, not Brazil, Spain, Holland, Italy etc, we can bea them can we?

Ref Off Ref - Yes but we would have beaten USA on Saturday had Joe Hart been in goal and then gone on to beat Algeria and Slovenia, we can't afford to be second in the group as it will mean playing Germany in the last sixteen rather than Ghana.

Peter P Pederson - Yes I thought you were Swedish from your name, where were you born as I have friends in Västerås

somehow though unless they can up it a gear or 3 then that wish may have to wait until 2014, after all last night was the USA, not Brazil, Spain, Holland, Italy etc, we can bea them can we?

Ref Off Ref - Yes but we would have beaten USA on Saturday had Joe Hart been in goal and then gone on to beat Algeria and Slovenia, we can't afford to be second in the group as it will mean playing Germany in the last sixteen rather than Ghana.

Before the game i would've put Green as our No.3...in the tunnel coming out he looked nervous, but then Hart probably is 4 years too early and James has an injury, an afro and pass making him eligible for vets footie.

To be fair to Rob Green tho, let's say before the tournament kicked off we knew or he knew he was gonna make a mistake, a big one, would we rather it be in the first game so it's out the way, or 2 minutes from the end of a Semi-Final with the scores at 0-0....think we should leave the criticism's until the final ball has been kicked, who knows, we may have a case or we may be singing his and the team's praises.

Also yes, we drew the first game as England did in '66, so who knows, but it's worth remembering the Italians won the tournament in 1982.....but drew their 3 group games and only qualified for the knockout stage I think I remember on goal difference or even goals scored.

And the Jocks in '74, didn't lose a group game, but went out virtue of the fact they only beat Zaire 2-0 in their opening game before drawing 0-0 with Yugoslavia who put 9 past the Africans, and 1-1 with Brazil....goal difference going against them in the end.

In fairness we should batter Algeria and Slovenia, but as you said Cliff, Ghana in the next stage might be tougher than the Germans, we owe them, and be honest, do you think Germany want to play England?

As a saying goes, the League isn't won in September, same as the World Cup, isn't won on the first group game, we were poor against a side that wont progress beyond the Semi's, but they can as a unit improve, Capello is no mug too....Rob Green's error could be the blessing in disguise, if that makes sense.

:smilie_flagguk: