Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

World Cup Tipping competition

GROUP WINNERS

A- France

B- Argentina

C- England

D- Germany

E- Denmark

F- Italy

G- Portugal

H- Spain

SURPRISE TEAM - Cote d'Ivoire

OVERALL WINNER - Brazil

TOP SCORER - Luis Fabiano (Brazil)

coffee%20(2).gif

arcadefreak.gif well if we are in the business of taking the we wee ...here's my forecast...only good bit is the dutch!

hi cold end...here's my take

GROUP WINNERS

A- France

B- Argentina

C- England

D- Germany

E-Netherlands

F- Italy

G- Brazil

H- Spain

SURPRISE TEAM - quite liked the look of Mexico

OVERALL WINNER - Netherlands

TOP SCORER - _47866261_messi_get.jpg LIONEL MESSI

have fun

boswell

Tonight was the worst showing I think I have ever seen from a Referee (Howard Webb)

Tonight was the worst showing I think I have ever seen from a Referee (Howard Webb)

& on what basis is that judgement made ? Officials jobs are bloody hard & neither team made it easy for him. so Van Bommel can go around kickingvlimps out of people then & Robben can scream like a stuck pig at every challenge. The Dutch were a disgrace & for a country that produced so much class in the past, it must be very sad.

Howard Webb called it as he saw it & was pretty much to the letter of the law. I thought he did well under the circumstances.

Sydney, you're right, Webb had an excellent match.

Samuelsmiles - Is that why every newspaper in the Country, if not the World, has crucified Howard Webb and rightly so

Sydney, you're right, Webb had an excellent match.

Samuelsmiles - Is that why every newspaper in the Country, if not the World, has crucified Howard Webb and rightly so

Rhodes, you keep making these glib statements. Could you please explain, in detail, why you think he had such a bad game.

Sjj2112 - Well how long do you have, I take it you watched the final last Sunday evening

The Dutch complaining he was too harsh, the Spanish too lenient. Cruyff making a few of his famous turns and not knowing which way he was coming & going from quote to quote . Both sets of players trying to cheat, dive etc. Roll on the SSML in less than a month

Edited by tringarmy

Sjj2112 - Well how long do you have, I take it you watched the final last Sunday evening

That's it. That's your detailed reasoning. In answer to your question, I have as long as you want. Feel free to write as long an analysis as you like. Or are you only capable of making throwaway comments which don't actually mean anything?

Unfortunately sjj2112 that's all he is capable of. When you have been around clubs as long as he has been & watched as many matches as he has, you would have thought he had some idea, but alas he is clueless. He just pins his flag to an unsuspecting name, usually a top goalscorer like Hammond or Scott & then speculates on something that is not even hearsay !

I don't know what LATO is doing with himself these days however I'm amazed that he hasn't come on to point out that Webb gave a truly diabolical decision against his beloved Poland in a game against Austria in 2008, here is the incident:

Apologies, here are the links in relation to Howard Webb's horror show in 2008 when he 'officiated', and I use the term loosely, at the Austria v Poland international:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jun/14/euro2008.euro2008groupd1

http://euro2008.worldcupblog.org/news/fake-photo-howard-webb-before-the-austria-vs-poland-game.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYp85CzjKTs

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV07wcBU1q0