Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quiz Night 31/7

Epsom & Ewell F.C. are proud to announce details of the Dave Wilson Trophy IV and Football Quiz Night. Our memorial tournament, which is now the traditional curtain raiser to our season, will mark its fourth running at the new venue of Grand Drive, home of Raynes Park Vale FC, to whom the club express their gratitude.

The matches and dates are as follows (please note provisional times of matches):

Raynes Park Vale v Merstham - Tuesday 27th July - kick off 7.30 p.m.

Epsom & Ewell v Molesey - Thursday 29th July - kick off 7.30 p.m.

3rd / 4th place play off - Saturday 31st July - kick off 1 p.m

Final - Saturday 31st July - kick off 4 p.m.

A tournament programme will be produced, and it is hoped to be able to provide food throughout the afternoon of the Saturday and some in-between match entertainment (still to be confirmed).

In addition, at 7pm there will be a football quiz in the club house at Raynes Park Vale and any club is invited to enter a team. Entry will cost £10 per team (no more than 5 in a team) and the number and amount of prizes will be dependent on entries. It is hoped that this will also become an annual event, and if you have a few mates who like a quiz, why not come along and represent your club. Even if your team is not playing in the tournament you would have time to get there after watching your teams play, as the club is just a 5-10 minute walk from Raynes Park Station.

Teams of club officials, match officials or players are also very welcome, and I can confirm that the quiz will be a good one, covering many different areas of the beautiful game. I hope to see you all there.

I've just been made aware of the possibility of changes of dates times and venue for the Dave Wilson trophy and quiz night . I'm attempting to get definitive details for these events which we are committed to running but wanted to put advice for folks to watch this space. I'll give further details as soon as I know.

No point in turning up to a quiz night arranged by E+E cos A certain man with the initials RL will know all the fecking answers. Know all.

To misquote John Terry " I was born for this moment" (because I used to be the station announcer at Kings Cross)

Epsom and Ewell would like to apologise that due to circumstances beyond our control the Dave Wilson trophy will be run in a reduced format this year. It will be an Epsom v Molesey friendly played at Goals in Tolworth on Saturday 31st July . All other fixtures mentioned earlier in this thread are cancelled .

This means the Quiz Night will also be postponed to be arranged at a time ,date and venue later in the season . We still fully intend to run this event and do it properly and would advise anyone interested to await further announcements .

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I think the diplomatic answer is to say that RPV had a double booking.

Thank you for your appreciation Krooner, I can confirm that the quiz will be a good one. Having been to many of them I think the balance will be just right as people don't want them too difficult or even too easy.

Once the fixtures are out, we hope to advertise this again so that it ties in with an Epsom home fixture but at such a time that it enables people from other teams to get there from games that they may be at.