Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results - 6/7/8/9 September

Some mouth watering games this week!. I'm assuming that New Bradwell St Peter v Buckingham Athletic isn't going ahead tomorrow however it appears on the Football Mitoo site:

Monday 6 September

FA Vase First Qualifying Round Replay

Barkingside v Buckingham Athletic

Tuesday 7 September

Premier Division

Biggleswade United v Hadley

Colney Heath v Broxbourne Borough

Dunstable Town v Tring Athletic

Harefield United v Chalfont St Peter

Hatfield Town v Royston Town

Hertford Town v St Margaretsbury

Hillingdon Borough v Kingsbury London Tigers

Leverstock Green v Hanwell Town (7.30pm)

Oxhey Jets v Aylesbury United (7.30pm)

Division 1

Amersham Town v Harpenden Town (7.30pm)

London Colney v Sport London e Benfica

London Lions v St Albans City Reserves

New Bradwell St Peter v Buckingham Athletic (7.30pm) ?

Stony Stratford Town v Bedford

Sun Postal Sports v Kings Langley

Welwyn Garden City v Hoddesdon Town

Reserves Division 1

St Margaretsbury Reserves v Stotfold Reserves

Wednesday 8 September

Premier Division

Kentish Town v Holmer Green

Division 1

AFC Dunstable v Cranfield United

Bedford Town Reserves v Ampthill Town

Crawley Green v Berkamsted

Wodson Park v Cockfosters

Reserves Division 1

Ampthill Town Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

Thursday 9 September

Mountnessing v Langford

Rhodes, you should never make an assumption, think it would be better if you made the long journey on Tuesday to The Rec, then come 8 o'clock if you are stood there all alone in the dark then you can make an assumption.

But then being all alone, stood in the dark is nothing new to you......sorry my mistake, being alone and LEFT in the dark I was meant to say haha

LOL and if its off you could allways pop down the road to stony stratford and get a game in GOAL for them lol (sorry rob)

Orchard is not that desperate to have me in goal....mind you he could have Chopper back, his No.1 stopper who's been missing since the opening game but is back from injury now.

Monday 6 September

A dissapointing result last night, no doubt Football Man was there but did anyone else attend:

7 0 Barkingside v Buckingham Athletic

Attendance 79

Monday 6 September

A dissapointing result last night, no doubt Football Man was there but did anyone else attend:

7 0 Barkingside v Buckingham Athletic

Attendance 79

looks like it............do you think the figures were massaged, Hatfield/ Cockfosters style?

Dunstable 1-1 Tring Athletic

Dick Turpin must have been at this game tonight,because Dunstable were robbed of all 3 points by a last minute own goal !!! Tring look very jaded tonight and were very very lucky to get a point !!!!

Dunstable looked a much better outfit than the one who played Aylesbury a couple of weeks back,expect to see them climbing up the table, Ground improvements also coming on well,place is gonna look great when its finished !!!

St Mags 1 up at Hertford

SPARTAN SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

RESULTS

SEPTEMBER 2010

TUESDAY 7th

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade United 2-0 Hadley

Colney Heath 3-0 Broxbourne Boro V&E

Dunstable Town 1-1 Tring Athletic

Harefield United 1-4 Chalfont St Peter

Hatfield Town 3-2 Royston Town

Hertford Town 0-1 St Margaretsbury

Hillingdon Borough 0-1 Kingsbury Lndn Tigers

Leverstock Green 4-1 Hanwell Town

Oxhey Jets 2-0 Aylesbury United

DIVISION ONE

Amersham Town 0-2 Harpenden Town

London Colney 7-0 Sport London e Benfica

London Lions 3-2 St Albans City Reserves

Stony Stratford Town 2-4 Bedford

Sun Postal Sports 1-5 Kings Langley

Welwyn Garden City 0-2 Hoddesdon Town

yes go on then rhodes add your silly ' ' next to the attendance figure, but you know royston do bring a fair bundle with them on away nights but you probably

would not know that. Because it is not belivable that the 2 sides with the highest attendances last season to muster up an attendance of that number is it

rhodesy my old china.

All that money there and they can't beat a team of 'thugs' and 'drunks' oh dear!!! TOWN!!!!!!!

Very disappointing. 350.gif

I was also at Hatfield last night.

Royston should have been out of sight before half time, instead they only went in 2-1 up and that obviously kick started the home team. It was a good comeback by Hatfield in what was a good game for the neutral, despite some interesting refereeing, although a draw would probably have been a fairer result.

I echo Horace's comments from a couple of weeks ago about what a good venue it is for watching a football match even though there is an athletics track and cycle track around the pitch.

I must also say that the Hatfield officials that I spoke to were all very friendly and welcoming.

Sjj2112 - Interesting that you leave a certain matter out of your report concerning the attendance, in your expert opinion was there 172 at the game

This evenings scores on the doors:

Wednesday 8 September

Premier Division

2 3 Kentish Town v Holmer Green

Division 1

3 2 AFC Dunstable v Cranfield United

1 0 Bedford Town Reserves v Ampthill Town

0 3 Crawley Green v Berkamsted

2 1 Wodson Park v Cockfosters

Reserves Division 1

Ampthill Town Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

PREMIER DIVISION

Biggleswade United 2-0 Hadley

A report on this surprise result from last night:

Biggleswade United (2) 2 , Hadley (0) 0

Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division

Attendance 63.

Admission incl a good programme £5, Tea 50p

Another good win for United secured with strikes from Sean Murray in the first and thirty ninth minutes. Biggleswade worked hard and should have had a larger margin of victory. Hadley, second time I've seen them this season and now goal less on both occasions. Plenty of effort but only forced the United keeper Adam Lawrence in one real save. Good programme produced by Tracey James, the club secretary and thanks for the team sheets Tracey, they are much appreciated. The referee for this match was being assessed and really didn't have that much control of the game despite making seven bookings! Getting used to the changes at the ground now and it doesn't feel so confined!

PREMIER DIVISION

A comprehensive report on this one from last night:

SOUTH MIDLANDS LEAGUE

Admission £5.00 Programme £1.00 Attendance 80

With my first choice of New Bradwell St. Peter v. Buckingham Athletic called off, due to the visitors' FA Vase replay, I decided to break my own rule and check up on recent developments at Creasey Park Drive.

First off, the car park's currently reduced by half to allow space for all the diggers, excavators and machinery. Which means that space is tighter than a nun's underwear (not that I speak from personal experience, you understand and leads inevitably to some unfortunates being boxed in. Luckily, the people parked next to me left just before I did, so it was just a case of avoiding the 59 reg Renault on the other side.

The temporary clubhouse, changing rooms and boardroom are still there, as is the turnstile block. However, everything else on the top (turnstile) side has gone - the small receptacles that housed the snack bar, club shop and another set of turnstiles. In due course, the existing turnstile block will be demolished and repositioned on the far corner. The car park is also to be extended towards the pitch, meaning that you may well be parking your car on where once you stood to sauce your burger up. Also gone is the area of covered standing with the metal rail half way in. The current replacement is one of those small Meccano jobs and is tied to the top goal.

Moving round, I'm very pleased to report that the crumbling, sloping terraces that swept round to the old main stand are now history. They were bad enough on a sunny Saturday in August - on an icy Tuesday night in January, they seemed positively lethal.

The main stand and dugouts have all gone, as was to be expected. Current dugouts are of the see-through plastic variety and while I haven't seen any drawings of the stand's replacement, it will be the club's new hub, so to speak, with changing rooms, bar, function room, toilets, foodery. I'm not sure if there's going to be any spectator accommodation.

Down at the bottom end, the warped, blown down fences and wild undergrowth have all been ripped away. A short scramble up brings you to a large flat area which may well be used as training or youth pitches, similar to those which are planned for the area behind the stand.

The final side has seen the other covered standing area replaced by another of those Meccano-type structures, this time fitted with about 150 seats.

To accommodate all these improvements, I was told that the pitch (which had at least two large bare patches in it) had been made smaller, although I think that in some places, the (new) railings had just been moved nearer the touchline as I remember a fair bit of wasted space, certainly down the far end.

Unfortunately, there was no hot food last night, though I was invited into the boardroom for coffee and biscuits. As I was wearing a hoodie, jogging bottoms and filthy trainers (they weren't filthy before I started my circuit), I thought I'd blend in like a vicar on a Club 18-30 holiday, but the only ties seemed to be worn by the League officials in attendance with most of the Dunstable officials in their club tracksuits.

One thing I forgot to ask was why Dunstable had to play their first five games away. Perhaps it was waiting for the new floodlights, or maybe the ubiquitous safety certificate.

All in all, the ground is certainly taking shape and when it's finished (the club hope for February), it should be very smart indeed and well worth a couple of hours as long as they don't forget to reseed the pitch

EDIT - At various intervals, my attention was diverted to the cavortings of 22 skimpily dressed young males accompanied by some bloke blowing a whistle. Given the recent form of both clubs, you would have thought Tring would've found this easy, but Dunstable obviously had them sussed out. The homesters took the lead and were unlucky to have another ruled out. Tring's only meaningful contribution came from the No.6 for telling the referee he was an honest footballer, which didn't save him from the ref's notebook. Their goal only came in the dying minutes and to be honest, I think that's the most they deserved.

More detail from last night's encounters, in particular the shock result at the Copthall Stadium:

Wednesday 8 September

Premier Division

2 3 Kentish Town v Holmer Green

Attendance 25

http://www.kentishtownfc.com/club_news.pl?news=406880

Division 1

3 2 AFC Dunstable v Cranfield United

Attendance 62

1 0 Bedford Town Reserves v Ampthill Town

Attendance 60

0 3 Crawley Green v Berkamsted

http://thecomrades.wordpress.com/

2 1 Wodson Park v Cockfosters

Attendance 61

Reserves Division 1

4 3 Ampthill Town Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

Sjj2112 - Interesting that you leave a certain matter out of your report concerning the attendance, in your expert opinion was there 172 at the game

why would he want to add the poxy attendance number there is other things to talk about like maybe THE MATCH.

Anyway he would never know as you can only see the bar from the pitch, and you know the 'drinking culture' that

comes with hatfield so there probably was a good 35/40 in the bar plus the 60 or so that royston brought with

them. A great victory like that and the only thing you bring up is the attendance, i can see why you are soooo

popular!