Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 11 September

Hi big john

I was about 15 yards away in the stand, right next to the incident. I completely understand u stickin up for Hatfield but i think deep down u and every1 else on this forum would know that Standen is not the kind of person to 'seperate things'. He went steaming into the incident like a bull in a china shop...

I played semi fro football for 22 years, and if something needs to b settled, it gets done on the football pitch...me and many others in the stand felt it was very embaressing.

Hatfield need to stop all the 'hardmen' rubbish and turn a corner before they get thrown out of the league. Its one thing being hard on a football pitch and then theres all the moaning and threatening that the hatfield players seem to do. After the Hatfield team left, do u really think other teams sit in their clubhouse worried about it....they get laughed at all the time!!

Again, im not digging hatfield out, i just wana see an attempt at a change. I agree that brox werent blameless but mayb they were a little more clever about their winding up tactics, that goes on in every game!

As for the officials, dont get me started big john, they were awful and the problem is that they are only gettin worse.

The Traveller

DJm61 Only caught the second half but they should have easily been into double figures by full time I take it your there every game?

Talc at most of them as it is Ten mins from home

So which one of the many were you?

Standing with Doug Foster

So your lad plays for them?

Hi big john

I was about 15 yards away in the stand, right next to the incident. I completely understand u stickin up for Hatfield but i think deep down u and every1 else on this forum would know that Standen is not the kind of person to 'seperate things'. He went steaming into the incident like a bull in a china shop...

I played semi fro football for 22 years, and if something needs to b settled, it gets done on the football pitch...me and many others in the stand felt it was very embaressing.

Hatfield need to stop all the 'hardmen' rubbish and turn a corner before they get thrown out of the league. Its one thing being hard on a football pitch and then theres all the moaning and threatening that the hatfield players seem to do. After the Hatfield team left, do u really think other teams sit in their clubhouse worried about it....they get laughed at all the time!!

Again, im not digging hatfield out, i just wana see an attempt at a change. I agree that brox werent blameless but mayb they were a little more clever about their winding up tactics, that goes on in every game!

As for the officials, dont get me started big john, they were awful and the problem is that they are only gettin worse.

The Traveller

F.A. Cup

7 0 Wealdstone v Tring Athletic

A comprehensive report on this one, a tenner admission does seem rather excessive:

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round

Wealdstone 7 Tring Athletic 0

Ten quid entry and two quid for a programme which is more than I'm used to paying but it has to be said it was an excellent programme.

My first visit to the St Georges Stadium at Ruislip, a decent enough ground with some cover of sorts on all four sides and a strange looking abandoned structure in the far corner, I don't really understand the ill feeling towards Wealdstone in some quarters, they were very welcoming today.

Team lines ups helpfully put on the board and a nice club shop.

I saw SSML Tring Athletic beat Ryman Div One AFC Hayes and with Wealdstone having had an indifferent start to the season an upset looked possible today but in truth it was one of the most one sided games I've ever seen and the scoreline in no way flatters Wealdstone who should have won by more.

They were ahead in the 2nd minute when Greg Ngoyi picked up loose ball on the edge of the box and worked himself some space before firing into the top corner, the keeper had no chance. The scorer limped off halfway through the half being replaced by Danny Burnell and it was he who got the second, the only real suprise was that we had to wait until the 35th minute for it but what a goal it was with neat one touch passing putting him through on goal. The closest Tring came to scoring was in first half stoppage time when Wealdstone keeper Jonathan North dropped a cross but the ball was fired wildly over the bar, had it gone in it really would have been a travesty, it was only several fine stops from Tring keeper Mike Underwood that had kept it to just 2-0.

Within four minutes of the restart it was 3-0, and game over, when Danny Burnell scored again and he completed his hatrick 15 minutes later. We then had a miss of the season contender when Scott Fitzgerald was put through, went round the Tring keeper only to inexplicably shoot wide of an open goal. On 75mins Danny Spendlove went on a great solo run and just as he was about to shoot he was tripped by last man Matt Myatt, the most clear cut penalty and red card you'll ever see and Scott Fitzgerald made amends for his earlier miss by firing home from the spot. Further taps ins for Fitzgerald and Burnell complete the scoring and I suspect Tring players were just glad to hear the final whistle, they really were fortunate to only concede 7 and keeper Mike Underwood must take much of the credit for that, he couldn't be blamed for any of the goals.

Cant argue with Rhodes on this one, The Gulf between the two sides seemed huge(men against boys),Wealdstone could and should have had double figures !!! even if Tring had 6 first team players who were missing playing,they would never had won this one

Huge thanks to everyone at Wealdstone who looked after everyone from Tring,Great Committee,great people !!! back to the bread and butter stuff on tuesday,a trip to Winslow in the challenge trophy !!

Traveller,

I am not defending Hatfield just stating fact's you have summised standen went in to cause trouble but i am stating how can he be singled out when 22 players went into a mass ?

I agree trouble should be left on the pitch and not taken into the clubhouse , how ever I take issue with anyone about this hard man image, this goes way back in time now we have the youngest squad for years, our 2 oldest players n doctor and gary coley have not been sent off above 4 times in 10 years apiece !!

it is about time people give Hatfield town a fair crack. and do not pre judge a team based on history .

big john

F.A. Cup

7 0 Wealdstone v Tring Athletic

A comprehensive report on this one, a tenner admission does seem rather excessive:

FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round

Wealdstone 7 Tring Athletic 0

Ten quid entry and two quid for a programme which is more than I'm used to paying but it has to be said it was an excellent programme.

My first visit to the St Georges Stadium at Ruislip, a decent enough ground with some cover of sorts on all four sides and a strange looking abandoned structure in the far corner, I don't really understand the ill feeling towards Wealdstone in some quarters, they were very welcoming today.

Team lines ups helpfully put on the board and a nice club shop.

I saw SSML Tring Athletic beat Ryman Div One AFC Hayes and with Wealdstone having had an indifferent start to the season an upset looked possible today but in truth it was one of the most one sided games I've ever seen and the scoreline in no way flatters Wealdstone who should have won by more.

They were ahead in the 2nd minute when Greg Ngoyi picked up loose ball on the edge of the box and worked himself some space before firing into the top corner, the keeper had no chance. The scorer limped off halfway through the half being replaced by Danny Burnell and it was he who got the second, the only real suprise was that we had to wait until the 35th minute for it but what a goal it was with neat one touch passing putting him through on goal. The closest Tring came to scoring was in first half stoppage time when Wealdstone keeper Jonathan North dropped a cross but the ball was fired wildly over the bar, had it gone in it really would have been a travesty, it was only several fine stops from Tring keeper Mike Underwood that had kept it to just 2-0.

Within four minutes of the restart it was 3-0, and game over, when Danny Burnell scored again and he completed his hatrick 15 minutes later. We then had a miss of the season contender when Scott Fitzgerald was put through, went round the Tring keeper only to inexplicably shoot wide of an open goal. On 75mins Danny Spendlove went on a great solo run and just as he was about to shoot he was tripped by last man Matt Myatt, the most clear cut penalty and red card you'll ever see and Scott Fitzgerald made amends for his earlier miss by firing home from the spot. Further taps ins for Fitzgerald and Burnell complete the scoring and I suspect Tring players were just glad to hear the final whistle, they really were fortunate to only concede 7 and keeper Mike Underwood must take much of the credit for that, he couldn't be blamed for any of the goals.

Cant argue with Rhodes on this one, The Gulf between the two sides seemed huge(men against boys),Wealdstone could and should have had double figures !!! even if Tring had 6 first team players who were missing playing,they would never had won this one

Huge thanks to everyone at Wealdstone who looked after everyone from Tring,Great Committee,great people !!! back to the bread and butter stuff on tuesday,a trip to Winslow in the challenge trophy !!

You know Rhodes was not at the game Andy he copied it from the another Forum Andy are you still going to ice Hockey?

DJm61 Only caught the second half but they should have easily been into double figures by full time I take it your there every game?

So which one of the many were you?

Standing with Doug Foster

So your lad plays for them?

No just local games

Buy some candles and join us, Padbury in Division 1 next season, we're both too good for this division and would certainly both hold our own a step or 2 above....LOL, you supply the candles and we'll supply the matches (but don't tell Rhodes as he is an international arsonist)

Great Committee,great people !!!

That's actually not what I have heard!

Premier Division

2 1 Kentish Town v Hillingdon Borough

A brief report on this one:

Spartan South Midlands League ~ Premier Division

Kentish Town 2

(42,83)

Hillingdon Borough 1

(87)

Venue: Copthall Athletics Stadium

Programme: Yes

Attendance: 19

The lowly hosts deservedly upset the lacklustre third-placed visitors in front of a small crowd who all seemed to be supporting Hillingdon. As for the venue, I'm not a fan of athletics stadia but the elevated view from the main stand is surprisingly good.

Good evening fellow non leeague fans.

I took in the Broxbourne Borough - Hatfield game today and was absolutely horrorfied with the actions of one of the Hatfield players who i used to rate as a bit of a player. About 4 or 5 years ago i watched the player (as a forward) and he was a very good player....now, looking way over weight and very unmobile occupying a central midfield role, he really embaressed himself and the club today.

There was a little coming together by 2 players in the brox left back area, a little bit of pushing commenced, and the player mentioned above took it upon himself to try and get involved....a few handbags as usual were thrown and it was all calmed down...The player was sent off...in his defense he shouldnt have been the only 1 to go...but on his way off give it the old 'il see u after the game' rubbish to i think the brox number 6.

Anyway after this...the game ended in a very comfortable 2-0 win to brox.....drysdale the brox number 7 was easily the star player! So i enter the clubhouse with my nephew for a drink and a packet of peanuts and as the players enter the bar (which may i add is full of young brox youth players from their soccer schools and their mothers) the above mentioned player comes at the brox player (with one of them hold me back scenerios around his mates) throwing a few chairs around making some noise as if he was ever going to do something, and again nothing happens....the hatfield players leave with a brox player or official ending it all with the words 'wat a hard man...did nothin on the pitch and embaressed himself off it' i couldnt have agreed more.

I see on the other thread that they have installed a new manager, hopefully he will get rid of some of the idiots that make them look like a bunch of sunday thug wanabes and can help them change their ways...as it is very cringy to see from the sidelines.

All the best

The Traveller

traveller you are just one of hundreds of people that have a dig at hatfield and you say you are not but why come on a forum and voice something like that,

but its ok coz 'no-one likes us, and guess what we don't care'. You say you were 15 yards away from the incident and you nearly have everything wrong.

You even got the numbers of the players involved wrong. I didnt no you can get a yellow card for throwing a punch at standen, but i suppose your blinkered

vision would not of seen that would you. Everyone is so quick to jump on the wagon when hatfield are involved in a bust up not when they turn good sides over.

Dont forget it was 2 players who started it 1 on orange and 1 in BLUE, i know its hard to believe!!!!

much love

drysdale the brox number 7 was easily the star player!

That's a surprise!

Premier Division

2 2 Dunstable Town v Hertford Town

http://www.dunstable...org.uk/live.php

A further report and photos from this one:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/

apologies for getting the numbers wrong no one likes us...ur right, who i thought was the 6 was actually the 8!!

Its a forum for a reason buddy, people post their views on certain things, if u read all the posts lately u will see the most people want to see hatfield do well. Wen the incident was finished, the brox 8 was cautioned along with another hatfield player for their part in it!! Why do u believe Standen was sent off then??

I took in the Broxbourne Borough - Hatfield game today and was absolutely horrorfied with the actions of one of the Hatfield players who i used to rate as a bit of a player. About 4 or 5 years ago i watched the player (as a forward) and he was a very good player....now, looking way over weight and very unmobile occupying a central midfield role, he really embaressed himself and the club today.

There was a little coming together by 2 players in the brox left back area, a little bit of pushing commenced, and the player mentioned above took it upon himself to try and get involved....a few handbags as usual were thrown and it was all calmed down...The player was sent off...in his defense he shouldnt have been the only 1 to go...but on his way off give it the old 'il see u after the game' rubbish to i think the brox number 6.

Anyway after this...the game ended in a very comfortable 2-0 win to brox.....drysdale the brox number 7 was easily the star player! So i enter the clubhouse with my nephew for a drink and a packet of peanuts and as the players enter the bar (which may i add is full of young brox youth players from their soccer schools and their mothers) the above mentioned player comes at the brox player (with one of them hold me back scenerios around his mates) throwing a few chairs around making some noise as if he was ever going to do something, and again nothing happens....the hatfield players leave with a brox player or official ending it all with the words 'wat a hard man...did nothin on the pitch and embaressed himself off it' i couldnt have agreed more.

I see on the other thread that they have installed a new manager, hopefully he will get rid of some of the idiots that make them look like a bunch of sunday thug wanabes and can help them change their ways...as it is very cringy to see from the sidelines.

All the best

The Traveller

traveller you are just one of hundreds of people that have a dig at hatfield and you say you are not but why come on a forum and voice something like that,

but its ok coz 'no-one likes us, and guess what we don't care'. You say you were 15 yards away from the incident and you nearly have everything wrong.

You even got the numbers of the players involved wrong. I didnt no you can get a yellow card for throwing a punch at standen, but i suppose your blinkered

vision would not of seen that would you. Everyone is so quick to jump on the wagon when hatfield are involved in a bust up not when they turn good sides over.

Dont forget it was 2 players who started it 1 on orange and 1 in BLUE, i know its hard to believe!!!!

much love

no one likes us....if you're a gooner then why adopt the Millwall anthem as your name on here.....not unless you're related to Rhodes which would make it then acceptable LOL

apologies for getting the numbers wrong no one likes us...ur right, who i thought was the 6 was actually the 8!!

Its a forum for a reason buddy, people post their views on certain things, if u read all the posts lately u will see the most people want to see hatfield do well. Wen the incident was finished, the brox 8 was cautioned along with another hatfield player for their part in it!! Why do u believe Standen was sent off then??

He was sent off because he launched one of the players to the ground, so ok probably a red card. But then we want fairness and consistancy, by this i mean the 8 throwing a dig at him, clipping his chin and getting a yellow but thats ok to do! but you would of missed that as you happened to be so fixated on standens 'appalling' actions. But you forget there was as many of their players involved as hatfield's, and their bench

come onto the pitch where as hatfield's didnt but you wouldnt of noticed that aswell!!!!

All the best

treveller

4 or 5 years ago he aint been at his best for lot longer than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was at the game as well sitting in the stand where u walk into the ground, broxbourne player pipping up after everyone left not big enough to stand up and do anything about it,

at the end of the day the broxbourne 8 has trown a punch at the hatfield player and if u r big enough to throw a puch at someone u have gotta be big enough to stand up for yourself...

i personally werent in the bar after the game and i agree it shouldnt happen in front of kids but if i was in standens shoes i would have done the same but i wouldnt have said anything just whacked him as soon as he come out of the changing room wouldnt have waited till the bar

if u cant do the time dont do the crime

cant just go round throwing punches expect people to just let u get away with it bring on the return fixture and gosling stadium

No one likes us...i believe the skinhead coach and small ginerish guy were both on the pitch aswell as the brox management tryin to defuse the situation which they both did very well indeed!! Both managements doin wat the referee and assistants couldnt do!!

becauseican....the attitude u adopt in this post seems to sum the hatfield attitude up....thats a pub team attitude!!

im not connected to either side, the side i follow were without a game...im not condoning either sides actions....but the way i saw it was that it cant have been much of a punch the 8 threw as standen was not injured (earlier post where i used handbags), and i think standen had many options if he wanted to get 1 back and he didnt!! So as i said, should be left on the pitch!!

Id hope ur last comment about bring on the return fixture is to do with expecting a good game of football..but i doubt it is..tut tut

No one likes us...i believe the skinhead coach and small ginerish guy were both on the pitch aswell as the brox management tryin to defuse the situation which they both did very well indeed!! Both managements doin wat the referee and assistants couldnt do!!

becauseican....the attitude u adopt in this post seems to sum the hatfield attitude up....thats a pub team attitude!!

im not connected to either side, the side i follow were without a game...im not condoning either sides actions....but the way i saw it was that it cant have been much of a punch the 8 threw as standen was not injured (earlier post where i used handbags), and i think standen had many options if he wanted to get 1 back and he didnt!! So as i said, should be left on the pitch!!

Id hope ur last comment about bring on the return fixture is to do with expecting a good game of football..but i doubt it is..tut tut

ok then if he would have caught standen and injured him then it would have been a red card, and just beacuse he didnt look injured does that mean he didnt catch him then.

What i meant by the benches comin on i meant the players coz their players were getting involved also.

We can go on about this till we are blue in the frickin face but the only outcome we are going to establish are hatfield are 'thugs' and 'old drunks' but know one seems to mention

on here just how good a football side hatfield actually have.

Anyway roll on the piss up on friday night!!!!!!!

no one likes us....if you're a gooner then why adopt the Millwall anthem as your name on here.....not unless you're related to Rhodes which would make it then acceptable LOL

yes ok ref off ref i know you are another one who has jumped on the 'hatfield hate wagon' just stick to watching new bradwell getting turned over most weekends now!