Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures & Results - Saturday 5 March

A report on this 'value for money' affair yesterday from another's Forum::

Anagram Records Trophy QF - Sarratt 1 61 FC 1 aet. 3-2 on pellanties. No admission, 8-page programme £1. Attendance (hc) 18

Sarratt is a very well-heeled village within earshot of the M25 in the vicinity of Amersham/Chalfont. I wouldn't be at all surprised if TV crews have used the backdrop of idyllic village green, fabulously ramshackle-looking pub (Cricketers) and obligatory duckpond; the ground is located only 5 minutes walk away at King George V playing field and while at first glance it may look a very basic facility, it doesn't feel that way. Tall hedges border both ends and there's a second pitch on the far side; the near side has all the club buildings and all are fronted by a deep verandah which actually doubles as covered standing most of the length of the ground. There's a very large car park as you enter and for those without cars, I'm told there are 6 buses a day through Sarratt.

I fancied this as it's usually more fun to watch teams from different leagues compete against each other; this cup is contested by teams from the Herts County, SML and Essex Olympian leagues - I don't know why the Hellenic clubs that used to compete when part of the Chiltonian League don't bother any more. A couple of other hoppers also thought the same so the attendance of 18 included myself and occasional poster Kent6 as well as Shepperton Peter, first encountered in the pub, of course.

Sarratt now find themselves in the top division of Herts and are issuing for the first time this season I was informed, inshallah.

A very entertaining watch with two goals early in the second half went all the way to a penalty shoot out after 120 minutes which could really have seen any score, so many chances were wasted by each team. Sarratt had a man sent off after 99 minutes and were hanging on a bit at the end, but their keeper saved the first three pens he faced - indeed 5 of the first 6 penalties were missed.

Hot/cold drinks and snacks were available from the club room, as well as delicious home-made coconut cake; all very Jam and Jerusalem.........

Premier Division

4 3 Hatfield Town v Stotfold

R. Trinder Q. Pearsall P. Panayiotou

A report on this one from another's Forum, I wonder whether Mr Panayiotou will come on with his version of events:

Spartan South Midlands League Premier

Hatfield Town (4) 4, Stotfold (0) 3,

(9,15,38,41) (54,62,89)

Attendance 67

Admission £5, Programme £1, Tea 50p

Picked a goal feast for my 100th game of the season. Literally a game of two halves as the young Hatfield made the most of their chances in the first to take a 4-0 lead. In an exciting second half Stotfold made determined effort to get back into the game. They succeeded in pulling two goals back by just after the hour and both teams created a lot of chances to push the goal count higher. A goal in the 89th minute made stoppage interesting but Hatfield managed to keep the ball mainly in Stotfold's half to snuff out any danger of a full comeback. Stotfold it must be said also had a number of youngsters in the side as well and both teams played the majority of the game in good spirit.

The venue of the Gosling Stadium, I must admit is not one of my favourites, and I think was fully described last week for the game against Broxbourne Borough. Their is enough cover and seats for everybody and if you fancy and aerial view the bar area satisfies this as well. Tea is available from a seperate building to the right of the stand and the team line ups are also available on a board in the same area.

Premier Division

1 4 Hertford Town v Tring Athletic

Both versions of events on Saturday:

http://www.hertfordtownfc.co.uk/Tri_05_03_11.html

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1505

Reserve Division Two

1 0 Tring Corinthians Reserves v Kent Athletic Reserves

A report on this affair from Tring Corinthians website:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/tringcorinthiansfc/club_news.pl?news=498725