Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sutton Game A 3pm Kick Off

Apparently Sutton United are having a "Carer's Day" at their ground on the 26th March, and as a result they can't move the match to 1pm to allow everyone to watch the Wales v England match afterwards. This is a real shame, and I think it will affect their attendance through the gate and potentially the number we would take away.

Isn't the game on Sky? Personally I don't think it'll affect our attendance to be much, we're pushing for the title at the moment. If the game were on normal TV then it our attendance would take a major hit. And this day was planned well in advance of Wales v England being announced as a 3pm kick-off.

Personally I'd rather watch my club than an international game.

Me too, and I'll certainly be at the Sutton v Canvey match. However, in an ideal world I'd rather watch both ;)

I bet the attendance is below your average, although my attendance predictions have been horrific of late!

Our average before Saturday was 630 (helped by 1253 against Margate for a community fun day and a few 700+ attendances for derby-ish games and Lowestoft), the attendance for the Hendon game was 586, so it reguardless I'd be shocked if the attendance on the 26th would be above our average anyways.

Realistically though, surely you must agree that there will be less dedicated supporters than yourself who will opt for an afternoon down the pub watching the England match instead of turning up at GGL?

Of course, but no worse than we have a game that kicks-off at the same time as a Champions league game. I don't think it'll have that much of a major impact on the attendance at all. I mean who wants to watch England anyway?