Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Essex Senior Cup draw

Although the proposed rent increase is massive we are lucky that I believe the rate we are paying at the moment is quite low.I am also led to believe that it is entirely that,proposed and not set in stone yet and the club are working to bring the cost down to a more reasonable level.

Also we must pay 90% towards the cost of floodlights including repairs whereas the athletics club pay just 10%,which considering they can use the facility 3 nights a week is hardly fair when we use it max 2 nights,some weeks none at all

I believe the proposal to increase your rent (along with lots of other revenue raising measures) was passed at a full council meeting about six weeks ago. I wouldn't hold out much faith in negotiating a reduced rent increase as it could benefit the council if you couldn't afford to pay, as your sitting on a very valuable piece of land that could be sold, with the proceeds used to improve services, (just before an election). If that scenario happened I don't think anyone from Romford would gloat because I would be amazed if we could ever afford the new rent, and the stadium lost forever.

I may still be in a minority, but I firmly believe the future of both clubs are entwined, and are dependant on a hell of a lot of give and take on both sides.

It cannot be used for housing,the land is on a floodplain,in fact the river used to run where the eastside is now,regulations stipulate that such land cannot be used for housing

If you say so, I just cant be bothered to search out minutes from committee meetings that took place years ago.

If they are from committee meetings years ago then they will be right for then,but government regulations stop housing being built on such land now

Sorry Rob but you are really wrong on this one. Flood defences are relatively cheap to install compared to the even much reduced land prices that exist in the current financial climate. The city of York is a good example as its a designated floodplain area, and yet there is extensive development ongoing.