Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southend Manor v Witham

bagpuss

I reckon 3 - 1 to Witham ....Witham are scoring for fun and Southend look sluggish at the back...(ask enfield, they ripped them up a couple of weeks ago ,but could not convert their chances.....and were then mugged in the 88th minute and ended up losing 1 ..nil

Edited by JPS

Bit of a scrappy match ....but, Witham were worth the win, with a penalty in the first half,by Rob Whitnell.

Not a lot of football played, due to muddy pitch .....however Withams tough tackling seemed to unsettle manor and they went on to win the midfield battle.

Mkaes the title race interesting !!!

just spoken with a couple of the Witham Players who tell me that certain members of the Manor managment team refused to shake hands with them after the match.

That a poor way to do business .....and says a lot about a person..

Everyone shook hands at the end so not sure where that has come from?

There was no bad feelings between the benches all game. (Outside of usual banter etc)

Might not have shaken hands with the Witham player who studded the Manor number 11 in the neck whilst he was going for a header which the ref deemed to be perfectly fair? :blink: Might have been a high foot in most peoples eyes!!! :ph34r:

Oi Oi, you well mate?

Me - I'm just watching Southend & West Ham mate, it's a fun time as both having decent season's. Also clocking up overtime @ work and generally enjoying the free time to do what you want....I certainly don't miss mundane Thursday night training sessions in sub zero cold, infact don't missing playing in general.

What about yourself Smallsy, playing/managing Saturday's? Take it the Dutch boys are still going strong!!!

• 2 weeks later...