Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jack Parr - Burnham Keeper

Firstly I'd like to say hello(again)

I used to post under this forum on a fairly regular basis and have decided to start again!

Witham Town follower been watching sides at the spicer Mcall for years!

Anyway, following the league as I do , could someone tell me if they know why Burnham keeper Jack Parr is no longer playing for them?

Ive seen him play on 3 occasions both in fixtures against witham and in the brasted cup final against Eton Manor last year.

Personally I thought he was outstanding and playing 2 or 3 leagues below his ability and still looked vert young no older than 20 I would say.

Not that I am not happy with James or Danny ( our keepers) I'm surprised mr kimble hasn't tried to bring to our ambitious club.

I suspect he has done what I and I presume others think moved to a higher standard? As I see Matt Belcher is in goal for the ramblers.

Shame because I feel Keith wilson was building a great squad at Burnham and loosing arguably their best player has really dented their promotion hopes ( which I'm not complaing about)

Anyway, would be good to hear!

Yours in sport,

J. Bradford

Hi Mr Bradford

I am Keith Wilson Burnham manager and I can confirm that Jack is still part of our squad but has unfortunately suffered a serious shoulder injury which has resulted in him having surgery and therfore forgoing this season.

I can confirm that Jack is now slowly beginning to hit the gym to build up the power in his shoulder but will not be back into contention until the start of next season.

Re your other comments I can confirm that Mr Kimble did try and paoch Jack pre-season only for Jack to rebuff his advances as he felt, like yourself BRFC had the makings of a decent side. Unfortunately, lady luck has not shone on us this season and along with Jack we have been hit with a number of long term injuries, notably Danny Cossington, Michael Fox, Brad Fleming & Brad Hunter.

Thankfully I have been able to call upon another excellent keeper in Matt who has excelled since coming back into the team, and without him we would have no doubt dropped more points than we already have.

Finally, I hope to keep the squad I have now together and more importantly injury free in order to sustain an more serious push for promotion

I wish Gal and everyone at your club the best for this season - its seems yours to throw away !!!

Always amazes me how players come on to this site under an alias just to promote themselves.

Jack Poor is average at best. Burnham are an average team, no more.

Witham are over acheiving as are Southend Manor.

Cream always rises and I expect to see Bethnal Green at the summit come the end of the season.

As for Barking, if we had everyone fit for the whole season I think we could have really pushed for the league but we are working with a small squad of 16 and suffer when we have a couple missing. We have also recently lost Ben Jones to Harlow Town. I expect there will be clubs knocking at Mr Liddiard's door imminently.

My top 3 teams this season;

Bethnal

Barking

Hullbridge

Which one of the Witham Town squad are you JPS?

A top team is one that can play football. Witham town have yet to string 3 passes together all season. Witham rely on the long kick of the goalkeeper, the long throw of the dwarf at right back and the fat lump up front.

One thing I will say is Jack Poor wouldn't get in the team.

As a neutral, I personally would judge a top team by whether or not they are challenging for honors.

Therefore regardless of whether Witham can string three passes together, they are a top team.

Personally, I don't give a rat's on the style of a team if it means being in the top 3/4 in the league - especially in the ESL. I watch Southend United each week - it's direct, but it works (well some of the time ;) )

This season's Title is down to WItham and Southend Manor. From what I hear, Enfield are a poor Enfield side this season. It's a shame for BGU that they started so poorly as they are the form team.

Barking blame a small squad, lack of funds and injuries each season, with them it's a lot of ifs and buts, but these prevention's are present at virtually every club at every level....it's not just a Barking factor. A season see's the most deserving side win the league, not the best side on a one off match.

Oh dear Barking mad ....... no need to chuck the insults about ....I am indeed a football person who takes an interest in many local teams and no I am not a Witham player ..(maybe a few years back !! ) and I agree with silencers points

I take it the fat lump up front is the same fat lump that has scored 30 goals already this season ?

And the dwarf the right back in a back four that have conceeded the fewest goals in the league ?

Thats what its all about my friend ...score the most and conceed the least,

One things for sure .....Id rather be in Withams or Manors position and if I were you I would try and find a fat lump and a dwarf for Barking........they obviously prove worthwhile.

Barking bonkers .....Ive had an idea , as you have only got a small squad , try and recruit some fat dwarves .... double bubble ....... then you will score more and conceed less ...simples

Barking have had injuries but they have a reserve side who are top of league,with players more than capable if

given a chance.So no excuse really.

Up the Blues