Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 1 Rugby Town 0

Early in the season, we were losing and drawing games we should have won. Today was the other side of the coin. Really good battling display against a Rugby team who were the best I've seen in the air this season and who, frankly, deserved at least a point for the wave upon wave of attacks in the second half. I hope they make the play-offs.

Dan took his 9th minute goal really well and we had Rugby rattled in an even first half. Just like Tuesday night, there was some lovely stylish football played by the lads. Pietro was really unlucky with his effort which just missed the far post, just as Beano was live on air to Radio Wey. I was ready to deafen the listeners if that had gone in!

Half time entertainment was provided by an away fan in his 70's who was eating a banana but peeled it too far too quickly. Poor bloke, it fell out of its skin and onto the stepped terracing but, probably mindful of all the extra roughage now on the banana, he picked it up and ate it as was!

It wasn't all one way traffic in the second half and we posed several threats, but we had to clear our decks time and again as Rugby pressed for an equaliser. Very impressed with their play, but our defensive unit had their best game of the season so far. Macca made a fantastic save to tip a powerful header onto the bar, Bairoh was my man of the match with his display, and special mention to Ed, who made at least four excellent diving headed clearances from the middle of the box.

PS - Best of luck to Graham, who was apparently rushed to hospital during the second half due to further problems with his leg ulcer. Hope to see you again soon.

Edited by Swifty

Much as Ed has reported.

Decent first half where we caused them some problems but we seemed to be sitting a bit deeper second half and had to ride our luck a bit and rely on some super saves from Macca and some body on the line defending. As i have said before though, we have played some teams off the park this season and come away with little or nothing so its our turn to enjoy the points.

Bairoh was my man of the match (thats the Fatboy kit sponsored Bairoh) :lol: Faultless display.

Rugby are a smashing bunch and were very complemetary in the boardroom and it was nice to see their fans behind the goal making a bit of noise which is one thing i miss from the Ryman. I too hope they go up.

I would like to thank the players for the meet the players evening. It was a shame that more fans couldn't attend but the Q and A half hour was a real laugh. Great team spirit.

Well done all

PS, another 3 wins on the trot could make it quite interesting chaps ;)

Great question tonight from Bob the Fish - are there any cross dressers in the squad? if so, I'll see you outside in ten minutes!

It turns out that Jack 'Jock' Mullan isn't Scottish and he wanted to put the record straight. Beano, please take note!

Also, after that Q&A session, Mick Tilt's earned himself the nickname Dimbleby. it was like Question Time with that boy! :D

"Half time entertainment was provided by an away fan in his 70's who was eating a banana but peeled it too far too quickly. Poor bloke, it fell out of its skin and onto the stepped terracing but, probably mindful of all the extra roughage now on the banana, he picked it up and ate it as was!"

:DVery good Swifty!