Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon v Sporting Bengal Abandoned.....An Official Assaulted.

This has got be the most laughable thread I have ever read.

Some of the nonsense pouted out by "theboss" is hilarious, how on earth can you say that what a person done is unacceptable and then write a whole essay trying to defend it. The guy cant make sure his assistant behaves what chance has he got with his players. Maybe a resignation would be the appropriate thing to do. I hear "theboss" has a habit of changeling clubs every few months anyway.

And for "JENKO" the geezer should be renamed "JOKE-O" his obviously doesn't like SBU maybe his one of those guys with a big ego that got turned away at SBU many moons ago who knows or perhaps even was banned a few times maybe from the summer league. perhaps his just one of those guys at BGU who dis like SBU for the sake of it without knowing the facts or history. Either way SBU must mean a lot to him as he hates them so much.

Football_utd 1 post, 1 of utter crap. LOL. At least I have have the balls to let people know who I am! As for being rejected by SBU, they wasn't around when I was playing and not for a years after I stopped either! Added to the fact I was far too good to play for them anyway and your theory doesn't hold much weight. I have far more respect on this forum then someone with one post.

Knowing Woodsy as I do I appreciate the work he does and also the honesty he shows and I believe 100% what he says. That's not just because I know him but because of what I witnessed from SBU when we played them 3 times. Their behaviour on and off the pitch was appalling. Several mass brawls? Once or twice maybe but after a while you have got to look at yourself and ask whether it is you creating the issues when it is constantly happening. I have no problem with physical players. I remember how I played. However there is a difference between physical and a t**t who feels safe on a pitch purposfully trying to hurt people especially when it is put on them after the game and they s**t themselves! That is just cowardly.

I'll do a search and get the yellow/red cards for this season in the ESL and see what it tells us.

Absolute rubbish that is to blame Bengal for a what happened on Saturday & then to call them them aggressive is laughable have you seen the size of our team!? The only thing sporting are guilty of is defending themselves against the bully boy tactics that alot of the esl teams adopt to try stop sporting bengals playing there football… honestly there's not a nasty player in the squad..... Mass brawls lol no chance !!

Firsttouchds when did I condone what the Basildon player did? I just said there are sometimes reasons as to why it has happened. I was at all 3 games against Bengal and I tell you now their behaviour was appalling. That is not an opinion it is fact. One game, we had a ref who was appalling and this led to a mass brawl because he failed to protect the BGU players. In the other two games we had very good refs, in the vase game the ref was superb, level 3 I believe. They had a player sent off in both games and several players booked. BGU never. I saw with my own eyes the mass brawls yet you, who wasn't there, says they didn't happen. I have also been told by players, managers and officials about other mass brawls involving SBU. You say Bengal are defending themselves? Isn't that what the Basildon player was doing because of no protection from the ref? You are contradicting yourself you muppet. Not a nasty player in their squad? Hmmmmmm I have spoken to people at at least 8 different clubs and the same players crop up. The Australian centrall midfielder, the centre half and the left winger. To be honest I like the centre half but the Australian guy is an absolute tw*t! And to make it worse he is a s**t player.

A young ref many years ago said to the players in the team I was playing with he would speak to us in our own language. He made a poor decision and I asked what it was for, whtout swearing etc. He said and I quote, 'I'm right, you're wrong now f**k off'. Obviously I reacted to that as most people would. Seeing how angry I was he back tracked. At the end of the game I went over to him to have a chat and said that if he spoke to someone like that on the street he would get a dig. He apologised and said he went over the top but at the time I felt like giving him a slap. In that instance I wouldn't condemn a player who pushed him after saying that. Thats just my opinion but refs deserve respect but also need to give it back.

Back in the day the better refs always used to come into both dessing rooms and lay down his expectations for the game.

They would explain what would happen if you called him or his assistants various names such as cheat,C*$T ETC ETC ie you would get dealt with either by yellow or red ..and also outline what would happen if you continued to foul.

When I played I was no saint beleive me (never could pull out of a tackle) and I loved the physical side of the game ..but I always knew what I could do and what would get me in the book or an early bath..... and for my sins I experienced both over a 30 year playing career.

We need consistancy in the Officials, and officials that know the difference between intent and mistake and I make Jenko right respect is a two way street.

Officials need to be able to keep up with the game..I have seen , on numerous occasions, folks running the line , who are always 20 ft behind play.....and they must actually guess whether the player is level , off or on side...not good enough at senior league level ..some of the strikers are really quick and if they time their runs well ..they deserve better form the officials.

Not all Officials are like this ..I have seen some good ones who have clearly played the game and also some good, fit Officials running the line ..and if appropriate I also make a point of telling them that they have had a good game.

Must say the refs, linesmen we had in the vase run, all step 3 or above were superb. We played very game away near off and their was no bias whatsoever.

I'm with JPS. I knew what I was doing when I played but I never meant to hurt anyone. On the rare occassion I did it was for what I felt a valid reason i.e. a bad tackle on me, ref not protecting me etc. But that was very rare. I never swore direct at the ref..ref you are a c**t, cheat etc. But I would say...ref thats s**t for example.

I have said this before but in the 30+ games I've been involved with this season I can only say in 3 games we had bad officials. And I'd take that every season.

Firstly I sincerely hope Basildon to turn the corner. i would hate to see another club fold its no good for anyone and certainly not going to do football any favours either.

Mr Woods AKA "theboss" I know who you are cause your a legend and well known manager within East London and Essex, your dedication and commitment to football is awesome to say the least, hats off to you sir.

Jenko - seriously fella what ever your issue is with sporting and their aussie midfielder you need to sort it out mate. its pathetic and quite frankly childish. Before you go on about other peoples disciplinary records you really should look closer to home first. this so called mass brawl your going on about, I'm sure you already know this but just in case you don't SBU were acquitted of ALL charges. I do not know what the outcome was for BGU and to be honest I don't really care. it wasn't too long ago BGU were the ones attacking officials but I don't want to open up a can of worms here so lets just leave it at that shall we.

Oh and the Australian player your going on about gives as good as he gets, he is as fierce as a raging bull on the field and as gentle as Mike Tyson off it. lol

Firstly please don't call me fella you chav.

Secondly my issue with SBU is the reason they got cleared is because the person doing the report. the ref, knows everyone at their club!!!! Not excatly an independent, unbias report!

As for the Australian player is is an utter twat. S**t player who trys to hurt people because hefeels safe on the pitch but when it is put on him off the pitch he s**ts himself. As for the discipline seeing as you know so much fancy listing the BGU and SBU cards for the season? You won't because you'll see the difference!

Defo mate! LOL

Jenks, It's a shame our game next door doesn't finish earlier (KO 2:30pm), I could have had a quick beer with you before you go.