Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Basildon v Sporting Bengal Abandoned.....An Official Assaulted.

still trying to find out ..... if official assualted ....big trouble, need to drum the morons responsible out of football.

Thing I find strange is that a lot of 'punchy twats' on the pitch are little men who only pick on easy targets .... just dont need them in the game.

I don't know the facts but what I will say is Bengals discipline is appalling. They had two players sent off against us in the 3 games we played against them and it should have been more. The instigater of most of the trouble is the Australian who plays centre mid who goes around hitting people and going in two footed. He should have been sent off in all 3 of the games we played aganst them. Needless to say after the game when it was put on hm he bottled it big time. I would like to see how many yellow and red cards Bengal havehad this season. They must be around the top of the list.

I'm surprised Basil-Don hasn't come on to fill us in on what went on yesterday

nothing to do with Sport Bengal, its a certain player with a temper issue who has followed Woodsey around from club to club, 5 yellows at Clapton, 12 yellow and 2 red cards at llford, 6 yellows at Mauritius Sports, 7 at Barkingside and now this .... a ban for life will now ensure from what is being rumoured

nothing to do with Sport Bengal, its a certain player with a temper issue who has followed Woodsey around from club to club, 5 yellows at Clapton, 12 yellow and 2 red cards at llford, 6 yellows at Mauritius Sports, 7 at Barkingside and now this .... a ban for life will now ensure from what is being rumoured

Hmmm I wonder who that could be. Has a ton of it recently fallen into the sea at Dover?

Edited by Hookey

LOL Hookey! From what I've been told from someone there, and this is not an excuse for what went on, it was the Australin guy in centre mid for Bengal who once again started the whole process with some awful tackling. Anyone know who the ref was?

Basildon already reduced to 10 men following the sending off of their player for studding a Bengal player and the manager sent off for abusive language towards match officials. Second half basildon cent forward decides to assault the referee and try and chase him down the pitch only to be stopped by players and other officials 

Basildon management did nothing to stop the player. Further more the Basildon manager seems to find the whole situation normal and acceptable!

As for the 3 games against Sawbridge they had three players sent off against us in three games 

One in FA vase and two in the recent league game for violent conduc.

It's in today's Basildon Echo and doesn't make pleasant reading. Confirms the perpetrator as Harry Chalk and says he "shoved" the ref (I'm conjuring up images of Paolo Di Canio and Paul Allcock), though whereas Di Canio was content with that and then proceeded to leave the field of play, it appears Mr Chalk then pursued the ref across the pitch and had to be restrained, as described by MoBSUFC above.

Another large nail in the coffin of basildon United. At least one problem a month from the club. How long can this go on. If it wasn't for Basil-don it would be gone already. No one wants this to happen but looks like nothing will ever change. Great shame!!!!!!

Another large nail in the coffin of basildon United. At least one problem a month from the club. How long can this go on. If it wasn't for Basil-don it would be gone already. No one wants this to happen but looks like nothing will ever change. Great shame!!!!!!

Very true Piper, I'm gutted for Richard, he's worked his nuts off there for years.

Everyone knows the 2 big problems that club has, 1 is a retired copper and the other is an ex pro (not to use the word pro too well). These 2 men along with a couple of others have ran the club into the ground for short quick gain. To expel these from the club Is the only possible chance the club has. Wont happen coz im told that the 2 in question are unwilling to walk away. Maybe if the good people over there like Basil-don ect.... were to walk then it would lead to the club folding and a new club rising from the ashes with the said good'ns involved in some way. All this has been said for 10 years or more so it wont happen and soon basildon will be left with just 1 senior club (Bowers) who by all acccounts aint far out the sh*t themselves.

ok normally i wouldnt reply to anything written on here(as i dont discuss any club matters which should be kept private) but its probably best to put some major inaccuracys correct as everyone seems to be spouting off.

1st i have to apologise to the referee for what happened to him on saturday it was truely not acceptable.

However also not acceptable is for people to be openly discussing this and officials to be overheard at a game this week basically sentencing the player before his case is heard its not on and kinda unprofessional these people should know better.

Since this was overheard it just so happens that the newspapers have got word of it and today wrote many columns without knowing the real facts. The only real quotes being from a supporter not the best investagative journalism there.

Im afraid to say without people being there you are all guessing so here is the truth.

The referee did miss alot throughout the game like the elbow which broke our center midfielders nose in the first 5 mins and then the bite from their center half on his nose only minuites later.

Our same midfielder then dribbled away from two fouls only to leave him stretching for a ball which resulted in his sending off for trying to make up to recover and retreive his slightly over ran ball which would not have happened had the ref pulled the play at the 1st instance on the 1st foul.

This led to many protests from my assistant (not me) and MY ASSISTANT was sent off.

The game carried on then Chalk was bundled over well inside the area the ref decided it was outside and this resulted in a handbags moment which Harry Chalk was awarded a yellow for calming the group scene out. At this point all the Bengal bench were on the pitch nothing said about that.

The Bengal center half and the bengal center midfielder were constantly fouling but nothing was awarded for us. The Bengal left winger who was a good player but couldnt handle being tackled kicked out on 4 occasions when he lost possession no card amazing!!!

My other center midfielder who is captain is always chirpy with the officials joking and banter all game every week but the ref wasnt having none of it and he was booked as well ( how can a ref not have any people skills) book for dissent its easy but miss major fouls it is the way football is going.

For Harrys moment of madness he was provoked by the ref by an abusive comment which is no excuse for what led to harry reacting the way he did Harry should never have reacted.

So MOSBUFC who the hell are you cos your facts are wrong you say i got sent off YOUR WRONG my assistant did.

You say i did nothing to restrain Harry sort of wrong again as i was following fa rules and staying in my technichal area maybe if you was there you would have noticed the whole bengal bench on the pitch for the 2nd time in the game.

you also say i find it normal and acceptable what excatly do you mean by that??? You some kinda mug! please tell me what is acceptable about what happened.

A totally neutral supporter in the crowd came to me after the game and asked is the game going to restart? he went on to say it was almost like the referee was on the other teams side and that he could see he was gunning to go against my team...now why say that if it was not true???

As for Basildon Yes Richard does a great job over Basildon but so do i everyone that knows me knows the amount of time i put into the clubs ive been at..its a shame football people dont realise good people when they get them.

Basildon could be a good club and it doesnt deserve is knockers please inform me of these monthly regular problems the club has? If anyone speaks the truth they would know that with what you get to work with things are slowly coming together.

Yes ive been to wembley 2 years ago for a fa hearing before and mosbufc thats why i am a far calmer person this season i came away £130 worse off as well and i have learnt my lesson.

So there you all go i think had the ref came in both dressing rooms rather than just walking off and not saying a word to any of us chalk could have gone home and the game could have carried on with us having 9 men.

In summary Harry should not have done what he did,the ref should not have said what he said to harry to inflame the situation, we must remember that Bengal were not innocent in what went on either they knew what they were doing in trying to get both harry and Vinny sent off.

Chris, well done for having the gonads to speak out on this and clearing some things up. I think people should now wait for the inevitable FA stuff before firing any more bullets. Good luck to BUFC, although their situation may is not unique to them. <_<

Hopefully speak to you soon Chris.

www.friendsofclaptonfc.info

Fair play Chris for laying it out, two sides to every story, so they say. However, I fear HC may be looking at a lengthy spell in the Sin Bin.

Hang in there and good luck for the remainder of the season.

Edited by Hookey

every time ive seen Bas play ...ive not seen any really naughty tackles or behaviour from their lads....

Banter from the bench ..yes ....happens all the time

Lets hope the fella assaulting the ref gets dealt with and also the refs, on occasions, grow a pair and deal with issues in the bud to prevent escalation.

Chin up Chris .....Lets hope it gets sorted soon so Bas can concerntrate on their football.

It's in today's Basildon Echo and doesn't make pleasant reading

Hookey – You’re not wrong:

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/9601003.Basildon_match_abandoned_after__assault__on_ref/

Woodsy I totally agree about the behaviour of officials from Sporting Bengal. Each time we played them they started several confrontations. On one occassion, I calmed the situation down between both benches, told the ref, a french guy, very politely that he needed to control the game because it was causing problems off the field and was told I was being reported. At the end of the game there was a lot of handbags. Once again I was peace maker. When I was near the changing rooms I said to the Bengal manager that I had calmed things down and to keep the players away from each other and the p****k told me to f**k off. I then told him what I thought in a less polite fashion. We played them three times and each time there was a mass confrontation. The same happened when they played Sawbo and I have had reports that they have had issues with several other clubs. I think the ESL need to investigate and send officials to watch their behaviour because from what I have seen it is appalling.

I agree about the left winger. He is a mouthy little t**t and caused problems constantly with our players. The centre half stamped on one of players and never got sent off and like the winger constantly looked to provoke the opposition. However the top award must go to the Australian central midfielder who is a top class w**ker. As I have said he should have got sent off in all the matches we played against them. He is a poor player and before long he is going to do serious damage to another player.

Woodsy could I ask if the ref was the French guy? He knows all the Bengal players from the summer league they play in. He was shaking their hands and talking to them all before our game which is totally unprofessional. We reported him after the game because he was so bias it was laughable.

I must say of all the teams we have played this season we have had very little trouble as our disciplinary record shows. BUT Sporting Bengal are without doubt the league's worst, totally undisciplined which all results from their manager and officials having no control themselves. Sureyl the league need to investigate because this is their 4th or 5th mass brawl.

Edited by Jenko

Chris, if im wrong about monthly problems then i appologise, but i dont think i am and i guess only time will tell. My post was in no way against you or Basil-don but my opinion of the other two remains the same im afraid. Like every good intentioned local footy fan i would be desperatley saddened if Basildon failed to survive.The club has a great history and deserves a break. Your defence of the club in very simular to the past 7 managers who have held the position during their term, however every one has parted and spilt their true feelings at a later date. They cant all be wrong or bitter. I will end by saying that I and im sure every decent footy fan wishes you and Basildon all the best and that you can prove us doubters wrong.

It seems that most of the responsibility here is being shifted to somebody else in this story?

We all know about Harry's disciplinary record and manner in general when on the field of play? Its not the best, and self control is not a attribute that you would recognise.

Referee's in general in ESL are poor, and getting worse, however without them we would be able to play the game so we have to take the rough with the smooth.

Sporting Bengal are not the first, or the last team that are made up of "horrible b******s" (however this is not my view, I haven't seen any problems in there behaviour over the 5 games i have seen them in this year), so why are we all whining about it. Particularly people that i know, when were players, and now as coaches/managers are now the most mellow or shy characters themselves.

Let harry recieve his ban, Chris to get on with managing Basildon, and sporting to get on with forging themselves into a regular esl team.