Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Week in the Capital League

An attack looking side set up again but made up predominantly of U18s squad players. These younger boy's enjoy a good crowd applauding them when things go well and getting encouragement when it does'nt go so well.

Hope as many can make it along as possible, oh yeah and Chelsea is on in the bar too.

Thanks for the tip, watch the reserves & don't go to the bar it is.

That's what I'm thinking.

A thoroughly enjoyable two all draw last night, Town goals from Liam Hope & Mason Todd.

Ben Corbett picked up what looked like ligament damage part way through the second half, and went to A+E for a precautionary x-ray; hopefully not too serious.

EU- is there an update on Ben's injury, please?

Don't you mean own goal and Mason Todd?

A thoroughly enjoyable two all draw last night, Town goals from Liam Hope & Mason Todd.

Ben Corbett picked up what looked like ligament damage part way through the second half, and went to A+E for a precautionary x-ray; hopefully not too serious.

EU- is there an update on Ben's injury, please?

I'm glad you asked, as at the time I felt like the only person in the ground who thought the challenge on Ben warrented a penalty, however it would have taken a stronger referee than last nights one to have interpreted it that way.

On the injury, Ben has suffered a Tendon tear around his foot and is likely to need 4-6 weeks to recover fully, however being only 17 he could heal quicker, let's hope so.

For those who winessed the challenge would have seen a Cheshunt player 'fly in' fully committed in clearing the ball. He did so by making contact with the ball first, however he also swept everything else away with him and must have known he would be doing so i.e intent and challenging with excessive force, a point which I made to the referee 3 times before finally accepting I was wasting my time. In today's laws of the game that kind of challenge is outlawed, unfortunately we still have officials stuck in the past and supporters who have the 'they dont like it up'em' mentality, which is fine, but players need to face the consequences of their actions.

However, other than that a smashing game of at times very good football mixed up with some 'exciting' mistakes. Well done to Cheshunt for playing their part in that.

Edited by Enfield United

From behind the goal it just looked like a good challenge with our player unfortunately kicking the tacklers foot as both made an honest attempt for the ball. I think you will find the same view from the rest of our supporters who were watching from there.

That ruins the conspiracy theory.