Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate v Horsham updates

SteveB

Line-up now available at http://www.margate-fc.com/content/1st_team/fixtures_results/match_detailsnew.php?all_games_id=2437

All the usual updates, scores from other games and live league table will appear there.

There will also be updates on the twitter feed on the front page of the main site.

A welcome 3 points albeit against the rock bottom side. These are the sort of games we have traditionally struggled in (remember Croydon and Redbridge)? So well done on a professional performance which effectively makes us safe from relegation. Our home form was awful at the start ( 6 defeats in our first 7 games i think) but we have turned that round and significantly improved. However, this is in stark contrast to our away form. We had the best away record in the league at the start of the year but we have been woeful since. No idea as to why this is but I will be a lot happier if we can at least secure one more away win before the end of the season.

A welcome 3 points albeit against the rock bottom side. These are the sort of games we have traditionally struggled in (remember Croydon and Redbridge)? So well done on a professional performance which effectively makes us safe from relegation. Our home form was awful at the start ( 6 defeats in our first 7 games i think) but we have turned that round and significantly improved. However, this is in stark contrast to our away form. We had the best away record in the league at the start of the year but we have been woeful since. No idea as to why this is but I will be a lot happier if we can at least secure one more away win before the end of the season.

Agree with this and would add we were the better team pretty much both halfs...... now I would also add we were poor in front of goal and should really have put this game out of sight in the first twenty or so minutes. Horsham are already relegated and for no other reason than they are not good enough for this league, so how bad are we when given the opportunites we were gifted that we cannot put their goal under a non-ending barrage. We were lack lustre and if we survive then it will be a struggle with this team next season without a proven striker - am I being over critical - nah because even though both teams had nothing to gain from todays result (maybe us more than them) we looked no better than them IMO but Im sure there is peeps out there that dis-agree. Oh well gotta say Tom Murphy looks to be a good bet and Kwesi is still a gent prepared to chat with any of the supporters of the club I think he holds dear - up the gate :)

Line-up now available at http://www.margate-f...l_games_id=2437

All the usual updates, scores from other games and live league table will appear there.

There will also be updates on the twitter feed on the front page of the main site.

Just to add to my previous post on this game I also should add that the team should be proud of their performance because of their last two defeats to (lets face it better teams) and to face a team that was'nt playing for anything other than pride it was a fair performance - as most of my school reports said tho "COULD DO BETTER".

Thought the team showed an appetite for the match yesterday and some determined challenges. In second half we dominated and on another day would have had a hatful.Murphy and Bradbrook up front had good games and the Horsham defence could not handle them. Hope to see this pairing up front for remainder of season as they showed promising link up play and with more games could develop a useful partnership. I know it was only 1 game and against bottom side but I am feeling in a positive mood today!

Thought the team was under the cosh for the first 15 or so minutes big change when SO elected to throw the ball out so we could build from the back which Horsham seemed unable to deal with haveing been set up to deal with the long ball. A change of tactics for whatever reason had its merits and confused the opposition. Should have had a hat full of goals in the second half but my tenner for a hat-trick was safe it seems. Well done to everyone for sticking at it.

Edited by Broadstairs Dave

I think SO deciding to throw the ball out had a lot to do with the knock he got in the first half; kicking the ball was causing him pain!

I think SO deciding to throw the ball out had a lot to do with the knock he got in the first half; kicking the ball was causing him pain!

Correct................... Lets hope he continues to vary his release. The players are good enought to play the ball forward and across the park on the ground.The longer we keep possession the less time available to attack us. One last thing too many offsides,getting caught offside sets up an attack for the opposition.