Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lack of fans in non-league football

billibob

Here is a short film I made with the help of Coleshill Town F.C.

It is a brief look at the struggle that non-league clubs face to pry fans away from the larger teams.

I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to leave any feedback here or on the YouTube page. Link below

I saw the video before, and posted in the Combined Counties thread.

A really interesting video, and it's good to see that Coleshill are still in business - I think at one point they were going to sell their ground?

Sadly, for Coleshill you could easily read Malvern, Tipton, Willenhall etc. Teams in large areas (all have a population over 40,000) with huge potential but somehow they cannot attract new fans (or don't seem too bothered about doing so) and with reactive or inactive committee people. The Malvern committee have no idea about marketing their club in the town (or don't want to), Tipton only got a gate over 100 when they had their FA Cup run a few seasons back (and that was financed by a dodgy chairman who is now serving porridge) and Willenhall don't even own their ground anymore as Sporting Khalsa took it off them!

As your video shows, you don't need a Roman Abramovich type millionaire at a club (although it would be nice!) you just need people who are honest and are not self-serving, who have heart, soul and dedication to the cause.

I hope that Coleshill have a good season next year, and maybe one day they will have a good FA Cup run and get Birmingham City or Aston Villa at home. Would be nothing short of what they deserve!