Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

On a lighter note - Sat 25th August........

eoflwatcher

After reading yesterdays topic and being fairly shocked at some comments thought id lighten the mood on here, being as the forum is surely meant for gentle banter and opinions..........

Predictions for opening day of season? - any predicted shocks?

Mine are are follows:-

Buck Hill 2-1 Hutton

Hannakins 1-2 Frenford - very tough start for champions

Harold Hill 3-0 Manford - Hill to get off to a flyer

Wood 1-1 Hamians

Rayleigh 2-1 Ensign - Strong side at home Rayleigh

Southminster 2-0 Alborough - Minster getting off to good start

Many games to choose to go and watch, shame all 2.30 ko and cant get to more than 1 fixture.

Why isn't there a full list of Premier League fixtures this week. No Kelvedon or M and B ...surely clubs in the profile division should all be made to play on the first saturday of the season. Weddings etc etc holidays no pitch (move the fixtures around) are not acceptable excuses. I think fixtures will be a bit of an issue this season .....Can't predict the results wait for a little bit of form. Speaking to players/ managers from various clubs they all think they are going to win it. Never heard a murmur from Dave Forbes last year and he did!.

Suppose the fixture sec is only person who can answer that, seems a fair point youve made.

Wouldnt know if Frenford said a word last season as only joined forum recently and with all this username debate you could be Dave Forbes for all I know haha.

Agree tho "actions speak louder than words"

While you're there, ask him why neither Basildon Town First team or Ressies have a game on the 8th despite having a pitch available???

Would have thought with last few winters we have had the fixtures early in season would of been fully filled to save on build up of games towards end of season which always seems to have a big say in title and relegation battles.

Lets hope the snow stays away and not many weekends are called off.

I may be stupid in saying this but why is it hard to do the fixtures

Why don't they keep the same fixtures as last season and who ever came up replaces the teams that went down and the same goes for the reserve league.

Don't get me wrong their will be a couple of changes but 90 per cent could surely stay the same ?????

All pitches would be avaliable unless grounds change their opening dates from year to buy on my experience they open the same time every year.

As I said I may be way off the mark here !

LOL Rossco, it's a nightmare, you just rock up when told to, for us admins it's a nightmare organising stuff.

You back at Rayleigh Town this season?

Why isn't there a full list of Premier League fixtures this week. No Kelvedon or M and B ...surely clubs in the profile division should all be made to play on the first saturday of the season. Weddings etc etc holidays no pitch (move the fixtures around) are not acceptable excuses. I think fixtures will be a bit of an issue this season .....Can't predict the results wait for a little bit of form. Speaking to players/ managers from various clubs they all think they are going to win it. Never heard a murmur from Dave Forbes last year and he did!.

M&B haven't got a league fixture until the 15th surely this cant be right!?

Wizard - it is not that easy. There are all sorts of things that need to be taken into account . For those sharing pitches ie Harold Hill use Brentwood and even where two of our clubs share the same facility or share a facility with a team outside of the League fixtures have to waited for and of course cricket!. Then there are County competitions and cup draws if a ressie is drawn at home etc etc. It is not an easy job , don't underestimate it-and not helped by clubs phoning up saying 'can we not have a game that saturday as or centre forward is going on holiday ' - it happens. Peter Godfrey ignored it (that is why a few to$$ers got the asse with him) I hope the new Fix Sec does as well (ignore it I mean but I suspect not). My point was how can a league start and two teams in the top division do not have a game. If they cannot comply with the kick off they should not be in the top division!

For sure Duncan Charlick (Fixture Sec) has walked into a tough role with a new format, i.e. The Full Time website. He also has to follow the very experienced Peter Godfrey, so we should all give him our backing and support where possible.

That said, it is very frustrating at this time of the season, after a dormant summer, when all we want to do is get games on and get cracking, I guess we will all just have to be patient in these early weeks and give Duncan time.

LOL Rossco, it's a nightmare, you just rock up when told to, for us admins it's a nightmare organising stuff.

You back at Rayleigh Town this season?

Yes Hookester - Still at Rayleigh Town mate, it's pretty much my club now so I will be there for as long as my old legs carry me..!!

How's Joe...? Still with your at Bas..?

Yes mate, still at Bas Town, he became a dad 4 months ago so juggling playing with coaching and being a parent LOL.

Good luck for the season to you and Rayleigh Town.

Congratulations to him mate, I hope he manages to keep time free for his football.....

Cheers mate....and to you at Bas...!!

Anyway lets get back to business....dont want people to think we are getting on........This bloody fixtures secretary, and as for Harrold Hill throwing money about........dont get me started :harhar:

I'm yet to see it mate, but I've heard it's the real deal so your sponsership is very much appreciated.

..............Pete also called you a lazy barsted on Thursday and said you do very little work these days and spend most your time on the forum........you should have a word.... :D

Archived