Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Current team 1 Former team 5

Swifty

Bitterly, bitterly disappointed. A good game for a neutral but I'm not a neutral.

In fairness Godalming were strong, very good in the air (we should have used the deck more) and well organised. The main disappointment for me was that, while some players really got stuck in with early tackles such as Russ and Alex, we tried and sparked on occasions but didn't really get going until Joe came on and, just as I thought we were right back in it at 1-2, we conceded a very soft third and were then opened up at will.

I'm sure the players will take criticism as well as praise, so it was a shame that Godalming's keeper made two brilliant saves and another very good outstretched stop, while Kyle had a day to forget and gifted at least two of the last three goals due to hesitancy. I'm afraid Kofi wasn't up to it again, and our midfield needs more punch and not be quite so lightweight. The fact we've conceded 21 in five games is also a huge worry.

I really can't see what Joe has to do to start a game. Determined, willing and able to play in midfield and attack, and he made a huge difference both today and on Wednesday when he came on. I'd like to see Jack and Joe start in midfield and Dan and Samad up front, or maybe see Joe partnering Dan in attack, to see how things pan out.

There's got to be some sort of reaction from somewhere, and soon.

Archived