Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How to fix English football

krobbo92

Just a basic idea i have but i think a way to fix English football is to impose a ban on foreign owners. While it takes out the billions of pounds that are being invested into the clubs, it leaves English people to run English clubs which are even more likely then to have more English players.

Thoughts?

Just a basic idea i have but i think a way to fix English football is to impose a ban on foreign owners. While it takes out the billions of pounds that are being invested into the clubs, it leaves English people to run English clubs which are even more likely then to have more English players.

Thoughts?

Football is already being fixed, in Singapore.

The problem is that a scumbag is a scumbag, no matter whereabouts in the world he/she is from.

Football here has seen its fair share of British born idiot chairmen as well (Ken Bates, Tony Petty, Azwar Majeed, Geoff Richmond to name but a few), but in principle I agree with the no foreign owners rule.

Most of whom are rated as the worst owners in http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/12/31/revealed-the-best-and-worst-owners-in-english-football-311201/

The problem is that a scumbag is a scumbag, no matter whereabouts in the world he/she is from.

Football here has seen its fair share of British born idiot chairmen as well (Ken Bates, Tony Petty, Azwar Majeed, Geoff Richmond to name but a few), but in principle I agree with the no foreign owners rule.

Most of whom are rated as the worst owners in http://www.sportingi...ootball-311201/

I would prefer to limit the amount of foreign players a club can sign.

I would have a five foreigner rule, but term foreigner as 'a player born outside the British Isles and Crown Dependencies'.

So teams would be free to sign and field as many English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish players as they wanted, but would only be allowed to field five players from Continental Europe, Africa, Asia etc.

Such as the rules they have in America, Italy, Spain, etc? I'm sure they've got rules where they can only have so many not from their country. I wouldn't mind that if the money the owners pump in goes towards helping out with stadiums etc. I mean look at Pompey if the foreign owners weren't there (which in sense would probably stop foreign players anyway) that would cut wage costs and hell people might actually want to go watch football because they know in the end the national game would be improving also, because when it comes to Champions League etc. it would be English teams with english players facing european teams.

I would also have a clause written in that in the event of a Portsmouth type scenario, the FA can legally force the owners out of office and replace them with a new owner/owners within 28 days.

I know of one Portsmouth fan who would rather them restart in the Wessex than continue like they are.

I would also have a clause written in that in the event of a Portsmouth type scenario, the FA can legally force the owners out of office and replace them with a new owner/owners within 28 days.

I know of one Portsmouth fan who would rather them restart in the Wessex than continue like they are.

You cannot deprive someone of what they legally own because you don't like the way they are looking after it. How would you like it if I confiscated your house because I object to your taste in wallpaper.

You mean people may object to my UKIP patterned wallpaper? How very dare they! A pox upon them!

What i'm saying is where a club is clearly being neglected by its owners, it should be easier to replace them with somebody who will care for that team on and off the pitch.

Make it a stipulation when somebody buys/invests in a club that they agree to be a proper custodian of the club. That means to invest in the facilities/teams/youth development etc. and not to come in and asset strip like Bateson (Torquay) and Connet (Northwich).

I'm sure that if Romford had a dodgy owner, you would want shot of him as soon as possible?

You mean people may object to my UKIP patterned wallpaper? How very dare they! A pox upon them!

What i'm saying is where a club is clearly being neglected by its owners, it should be easier to replace them with somebody who will care for that team on and off the pitch.

Make it a stipulation when somebody buys/invests in a club that they agree to be a proper custodian of the club. That means to invest in the facilities/teams/youth development etc. and not to come in and asset strip like Bateson (Torquay) and Connet (Northwich).

I'm sure that if Romford had a dodgy owner, you would want shot of him as soon as possible?

We had a dodgy owner once and it was great fun while it lasted. TBH I wish we could find another one so we could enjoy the moment and if it all goes tits up its just back to what we have now. If the club folds you just go somewhere else to watch a match or stop going. It not like a bereavement and anyone that thinks it is must have very sad lives.

Try telling that to Cardiff fans, Alan.

Their owner has said that 'any more abuse and I will pull out.'

If that happens (and I have heard that some of their fans have emailed the owner directly, using their finest Anglo Saxon language) they'll be back in blue, but left with an empty stadium and over £100m of debt...

Try telling that to Cardiff fans, Alan.

Their owner has said that 'any more abuse and I will pull out.'

If that happens (and I have heard that some of their fans have emailed the owner directly, using their finest Anglo Saxon language) they'll be back in blue, but left with an empty stadium and over £100m of debt...

Cardiff are top of the league and odds on favourites to be in the premiership next season and yet supporters are slagging off the owners. Great example of why only an idiot would put money into a football club, and a sad insight into the intellectual capabilities of a huge proportion of supporters in the UK.

Don't forget though, Alan, that their Chairman Vincent Tan changed the kit without consultation with the fans.

Rumour is that he now wants to change their name to Cardiff Dragons FC.

I can understand their fans frustrations. I mean if some mad head bought Arsenal, changed our colours to white and pink and changed our name to North London Transexuals FC I'd be well annoyed.

Don't forget though, Alan, that their Chairman Vincent Tan changed the kit without consultation with the fans.

Rumour is that he now wants to change their name to Cardiff Dragons FC.

I can understand their fans frustrations. I mean if some mad head bought Arsenal, changed our colours to white and pink and changed our name to North London Transexuals FC I'd be well annoyed.

The first football match my dad took me to was at Highbury. She was a life long Arsenal supporter.

Archived