Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a comeback

Delboybtfc

After some early domination we were hit by 3 goals in 7 minutes and the fans were then praying that the floodlights which had been on and off since the start would stay off permanantly.

But the character of the team came to the fore and after Halle got one back just before half time we staged an onslaught in the second half which finally earned us the draw which was the least we deserved.

The pitch whilst playable did not help but the whole team deserve congratulations for the effort put in during the second half to get a point when many teams would have called it a bad day and given up

Let's hope we can start to get some games on at home if this rain ever

Agreed it was a great comeback but we should never have been in such a bad position to start with. We need a centre half badly and still need to maintain more consistency in our performances.

It looks like Craig's loyalty to Sapps is paying dividends though and if we can get it together on a more consistent basis we could be a good side.

Well done to Thamesmead for getting the game on. I wonder if the lights would have worked if we'd been three nil up...

Thought it was one of the worst defensive games we had in ages, And fair to the lad's for turning it around. I thought we had good support from the following Blues and it showed when we got behind the lads.

I agree about the lights,  Great to finally get to a game that actually went ahead as planned.

COYB

I agree with JL...

Should never have been in the psoirtion to have to come back in the first place... But credit to the lads as well as Craig, who must've given the boys a stiff talking too at half time.

That we can beat Hornchurch one week and struggle against Thamesmead another doesn't strike me as defensive issues...more like consistancy of attitude together with complacency. If you want to do well in the league (any league for that matter) you treat every opponent the same. It's a shame because we have a good team of players...just need to sort out some heads... (waiting for a comment here...)

But as I said, credit goes to the lads...they did sort themselves out and we saved a point, when possibly we could've won three...

I think it's a bit unfair to be critising the players attitudes to be honest.

3-0 down, they could quite easily have given up, but this side may not be the best side we've ever had but their ability to keep fighting til the end is to be commended.

it's a shame last seasons squad didnt have that attribute

Okay... so should we have been 3-0 down? Considering we were 2-0 up at one point against one of the promotion favorites a week ago and then 3-0 down against one of the teams that are residing at the other end of the league...would suggest that defence may not be the whole problem but consistancy and complacentcy... IMO.

That we came back to correct that in the second half show a great stregnth of charater but I don't believe we should've been in that position in the first place. Attitude starts from the first kick of the ball... not somewhere in the middle. Treat every team the same...

My own opinion is that it was two points lost...or one point saved...depending on what angle or spin you want to put on it. 

And before we all go "oooo, look at 'im...he's having a pop", I think we have have a great squad of players that when they are on "it", match any team in the top five... as we have proved. But lets give those teams at the bottom the same respect we give those at the top.

To let in 3 goals in 7 min's to me that says there was a problem in our defence, Granted it changed and the 2nd half was a different story & and much better story.

It was an awesome comeback by the lad's and would have been a good lesson on regrouping for any Urchins that may have been watching. No one on the pitch or the stands lost their head's (Sorry) and just carried on with the job in hand. 

Thamesmead did well to get the game but during that first half i wished they had not bothered 

Still a lovely area to visit………………………….

COYB

post-3040-0-87380500-1389046815_thumb.jpg

post-3040-0-56804900-1389046824_thumb.jpg

Lol. Those photos bought the memories flooding back. Someone with more IT skills than me please put the picture up of our last pub before the match, she was a proper boozer!

Re the match. Two points drop I think. We should never have gone three down, made winning the match nigh on impossible but on second half showing we could and probably should have won so fair played for turning it around. Just hope saps keeps up his new found commitment as without him goals look hard to come by.

Archived