Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jon Stone

I am sad to have to report the sudden death last weekend of one of our fellow Blues fans, Jon Stone, who passed away at the age of just 47. It has come as quite a shock to many of his friends from Billericay where Jon grew up and went to school with my sister, which is where I first got to know of him. Though Jon's wouldn't be a familiar face to regulars at New Lodge having moved away from the town after University, he came back to Essex regularly to see friends and take in a Ricay match whenever possible and in recent years, with the boom in social media, got hooked back into following the club's fortunes and was more often seen at away games when we played in either the Sussex or west of London areas where he has lived in the course of his career.

You may have seen Jon with me at Hampton & Richmond just recently, where we were discussing the possibilities of another trip to Guernsey next season, having both been part of the adventurous bunch who did the Trophy weekend back in October, but sadly that is not to be now. None of us have any idea exactly what happened yet, but as it has become clear to me over the last day or so just how many friends Jon had with their roots in Billericay who follow the club, I just wanted to let any Blues fans who knew Jon about this tragic news. RIP Jon ...

post-149-0-22094500-1397690729_thumb.jpg

Archived