Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hartley Wintney 0 Ashford 0

lazarus

Here is Hartley's report:

So on a wet, muddy cold day at hartley, with 7 players out and playing against a ashford side who currently sit second in the table this was a very difficult day.

We had Jones, hollamby, Hobdon, barker, maylin, Cook and Palmer out. The good news is after seeing the physio they will be available by the next game.

We set out with a game plan of soaking up the pressure and hitting them on the break. We defended all over the pitch absolutely superbly and counter attacked at pace creating chances but just couldn't convert. On a pitch that had puddles sitting on it, it was hard to play our usual style of passing football so we played to the conditions and used lukas burts pace uptop to get us out of trouble and create chances.

After some great defending and a man of the match perfomance once again from Craig Atkinson in goal we came away with a well deserves point.

We are unbeaten in four now and progressing every week. I said at the start of this season our team is better than lasts and the lads are proving me right. Taking a point yesterday was vital if we want to achieve what we set out for this season. It shows what we are capable of matching a side that are favourites to win our league.

Overall with players missing that have been influential in our season so far I am delighted with the result and mentality of my squad, the boys are working twice as hard as any team Iv seen, we are even adding an extra training session in every week to ensure our progress, they are professional in what they do and as I said before we have the potential to achieve this season and in the future.

I must say a well done to Jason Minton also who I thought had a great game at right back coming under some heavy pressure from ashfords left winger.

Can't wait for the next game vs guilford Saturday, lots of hard work still to do to improve and reach our targets but the team are improving everyday.

Weather was awful Saturday. Conditions didn't help either side, but we created enough chances to win the match, just couldn't convert them. Still a point away from home against an in-form side isn't a bad thing.

A bit worried when Mark Bitmead went over with no one near him, then seeing him be stretchered off. Any news on the extent of his injury?

Mark is all good and injury not as bad as first thought. I think he just wanted a ride on the stretcher to be honest.

He will be available for selection for Saturday's important league game vs Badshot Lea.

Tomorrow night we welcome back Beadle, Rob and Conor into the squad after being unavailable for Saturday's trip to Hartley Wintney.

Elliott will be doing some light training before the game tomorrow evening also.

Excellent news!

I think with the weather conditions, the pitch and the ref, it was definitely a point gained.

What was good to see in the heavy conditions that we more than matched a physically big side and created lots of chances that on another day we would put away.

Onwards we go!

Archived