Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hatters Welcome Back Defender Jacobs From Magpies

FF News

Full-back Kyle Jacobs has re-signed for Conference North club Stockport County on a permanent deal which will run until the end of the season.

Jacobs left County in the summer to join league rivals Chorley, but the former FC United of Manchester defender has opted to re-join Alan Lord's side after the move failed to work out.

The 28-year-old will be available for next Saturday's trip to Gainsborough Trinity.

He said: "Chorley did want to keep me, but I got a new job in March and one of the main things was I couldn't commit to the training schedule there. Luckily Alan got in touch and I'm glad to be back.

"There was no fall-out. What it boiled down to was I got an offer from a Conference Premier side, I couldn't pursue it due to work commitments and by then I'd missed the boat with County.

"Chorley are a good side but it just didn't work out. I'm really glad to be back and we're not too far behind those last play-off spots so it's time to push on here."

Jacobs became a popular figure at the club last season, making thirty-five appearances after joining from FC United of Manchester where he boasted well over one hundred games for The Red Rebels.

Source: Stockport County FC

Source

Archived