Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coasters Retain Starlet Hughes For Another Season

FF News

AFC Fylde have announced that Caspar Hughes has agreed to remain with the Conference North club until the end of the 2015-16 season with the option of another year.

The agreement and contract was signed just days before he went on to score his first goal for the club in his seventy-sixth appearance – the injury-time winner against Solihull Moors on Tuesday night.

Hughes was clearly delighted to have been asked to extend his contract for a further season, and puts it down to his knowledge of the full back position from earlier in his career.

He said: "I played as a full-back for a year when I was younger so I know the role quite well already. I'm used to being able to link up with the winger and jockeying to get into position and the right side of the defender so it's really suited me."

It has suited Hughes that well that his performances have impressed many a supporter and was one of the factors why manager Dave Challinor was keen for him to put pen-to-paper.

Challinor said: "Casper has been excellent this season wherever he's been asked to play. He's shown his quality and ability to get on the ball and make us play in the victory at Barrow AFC in central midfield but has really excelled at full-back.

"He's very comfortable with the ball at his feet even when under pressure and his ability to create from full back areas has been really profitable for us. It's been a new position for him at this level and one he has had to learn."

Source: AFC Fylde

Source

Archived