Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Power Fully On At Lincoln As Skipper Pens New Deal

FF News

Lincoln City captain Alan Power has signed a new two-year contract with the Sincil Bank club

Alan Power hopes other players will follow his lead and sign new deals at Lincoln City.

The Imps skipper has agreed a new contract which will see him stay at Sincil Bank until the summer of 2017.

The midfielder is already the longest serving player at the club, having been signed by former Imps boss Steve Tilson in the summer of 2011 following City's relegation from the Football League.

And after the 26-year-old pledged his commitment to the Imps, he is now keen to see the club's out-of-contract stars make the leap.

"I love this club, so it was not hard to decide to stay," said Power.

"I have enjoyed the four years I have been here already. I love the fans and the way the club operates.

"I'm really enjoying my football under Chris Moyses and feel I'm in the best form I have been for a long while.

"I hope others will now also agree to stay. We have shown what a settled team can achieve and I hope that we can all stick together and go forward together."

While Power is keen to see others sign new deals, boss Moyses says he is not putting pressure on other players.

"It's great to have Power sign a new deal," said Moyses.

"We see him as part of the future we're trying to build at Lincoln City and the length of the deal reflects that.

"It's great that he's said yes, and hopefully a few more will follow.

"We're not putting pressure on those other players, though. Right now our first priority is to get Lincoln into the play-offs."

The Imps' push for the top five took a downward turn on Tuesday night when results did not fall for them.

The Imps were due to play Chester on Tuesday, but a frozen pitch meant the match was postponed.

They had to watch on as wins for Kidderminster Harriers and Dover pushed them down a place to 11th in the table.

Lincoln do have two games in hand over some sides and have a chance to pick points off promotion rivals Macclesfield when they travel to Moss Rose this weekend.

If they can get a win it will be only their fourth victory on the road this season.

"It is an issue for us," said Moyses. "However, looking at the away games we've played in the league since we took over, the ones we have lost have been when we were reduced to 10 men."

www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk

Source

Archived