Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Parkinson Returns As Successor To Johnson

FF News

Former Dabbers skipper Phil Parkinson was unveiled as the new manager of EVO-STIK Northern Premier League Nantwich Town on Wednesday night.

Parkinson, pictured, captained the Dabbers to two successive promotions, helped the club win the Cheshire Senior Cup for the first time in 30 years and memorably led them to a 3-1 victory over Hillingdon Borough in the 2006 FA Vase Final at St Andrews.

The 34-year-old returned to the Weaver Stadium as the successor to Danny Johnson following his exit by mutual consent on Tuesday night after nearly two years at the helm.

Parkinson, who managed Alsager Town in the North West Counties Football League last season before work commitments forced him to stand down in the summer, is currently finalising details of his management team with further details expected before the weekend.

Nantwich Town chairman Jon Gold said: "We are delighted that Phil has agreed to become our first team manager.

"We are committed to engaging with the community and bringing some localness back into the club and in many ways we need to return to basics and the core values that brought us our greatest successes.

"In Phil we know that we have someone that is the perfect embodiment of these beliefs as he has the drive, passion and leadership qualities to help us embark on another successful chapter in our long history."

Gold added: "I am sure that all of our supporters and the people of Nantwich will make him welcome and get right behind him."

New manager Parkinson said: "My love and passion for this club is well documented. I am sincerely proud to be fulfilling a long held ambition to become the manager of the club I once captained and achieved so much with.

"Whilst there are obviously massive challenges ahead, I am confident that with the wonderful facilities and the terrific supporters we have behind us, we will soon bring some good times back to the Weaver Stadium."

Looking ahead to his first game in charge, he added: "I can't wait to start working with the players and playing our first match together against Whitby on Saturday."

source: David Watters

Source

Archived