Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bath City Chairman Urges Locals To Turn Up In Force

FF News

Bath City are calling on local people to turn out in force for "the biggest game in the club's history" as they bid to take a giant step closer to Wembley.

North Ferriby United head to Twerton Park for the first leg of the FA Trophy semi-final on Saturday (3pm) and City chairman Paul Williams is hoping they will be greeted by a huge home crowd.

"I would like to think the citizens of Bath – and anyone else in the area who wants to watch a good match – will turn out for what will be a memorable occasion," he said.

"It is undoubtedly the biggest day in the club's history, second to none. We have made history on this cup run and we want to continue making history.

"The chance to get to Wembley doesn't come round very often – maybe once every ten, 15, 20 years. It is taken us this long to even get to a semi-final, so we have to take our chance.

"The fans who were in the ground for the Dover quarter-final replay acted as our 12th man, there was so much encouragement for the players.

"There is a good feel about what we are doing, but that has to translate to people coming through the turnstiles and supporting on the day."

Meanwhile, on the pitch, Nick McCootie's goal glut against Farnborough on Tuesday was pretty emphatic.

"Four goals – I don't know what else I can do really," said the striker, who staked his claim for a semi-final starting spot in spectacular fashion.

However, McCootie acknowledged the competition he faces to dislodge Dave Pratt and Andy Watkins from the front line, saying he is happy to play whatever role Lee Howells and Adie Britton believe is necessary to Wembley.

"Hopefully I did enough to get the nod, but whatever Arch decides to do on Saturday I will go with it," said McCootie, who now has ten goals since his move from Paulton Rovers.

"If I'm playing, great, if I'm not then I'll be rooting for the team. There is competition for places up front and it keeps us on our toes, keeps us hungry.

"But the more I play, the more confident I am and the more consistent I can be.

"Being in the semi-finals is obviously massive for the club and hopefully we can do the business.

"Adie went up on Saturday to suss them out, but as long as we play our game, I don't think North Ferriby should cause us many problems."

Read more: http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk

Source

Archived