Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Consett appoint new manager

FF News

Northern League club Consett have appointed former Bishop Auckland boss Colin Myers as the successor to Kenny Lindoe. The 46-year-old from Washington was chosen from more than a dozen applicants, from which he was considered the outstanding candidate for the job.

He agreed terms today, and will meet his new players for the first time tomorrow night. Coach Simon Harris will take training and pick the team for Saturday's home game v North Shields, and Colin will assume full charge on Monday.

Colin, who has been assistant manager at Blyth Spartans since June 2013, helping them to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup this season, said: "I am delighted to be joining a club whose ambitions match my own. I'm coming here to win things, and can't wait to get started."

Chairman Frank Bell said: "The calibre of candidates who applied for the job was exceptional, including some with great knowledge of the Northern League and higher levels, and we believe we have the right man in Colin to take us forward.

"He has the rest of this season to assess the players and address what is required for us to seriously challenge for honours. Our aim is to win the Northern League and FA Vase within the next two years, and we hope the supporters will give Colin and the team their full backing."

Both Simon Harris and goalkeeping coach Ben Cole will remain at the club as part of Colin's backroom staff.

Meanwhile, Consett have registered an Under-21 side with the FA, and hope to have the side, which is seen as an important link between the juniors and the first team, set up in time for next season, with Kenny Lindoe overseeing recruitment and development of players.

Source: northernleague.org/

Source

Archived