Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gillingham keeper moves to Tonbridge Angels on loan for season

FF News

Tonbridge Angels have brought in Gillingham reserve goalkeeper Tom Hadler for the remainder of the season on loan.

The young shot-stopper had a spell at the club earlier this season with Kyle Merson out injured. And now Merson has decided to hang up his gloves, boss Steve McKimm has moved to bring the prospect to Longmead until the end of the current campaign.

“It has been going on for a while but I didn’t want to announce anything until I am sure it was going to happen," McKimm said. We knew it would but it all got signed off at 2:15 on Tuesday with the [Ryman] League.

“I was in talks with them [Gillingham] when Kyle made his decision, we had to wait for their manager to get back from Yeovil.

“We were always confident that we were going to get him. They have agreed to let us have him until the end of the season, which is great news.

“Unless there is an emergency and they call him back before then, but I am hoping that we will have him for the last games of the season.”

He played at Witham on Tuesday evening, as Angels drew 2-2.

Source: www.courier.co.uk

Source

Archived