Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mariners duo head out on loan

FF News

Grimsby Town duo Hamish Watson and Caine Winfarrah have been allowed to go out on loan deals to Gainsborough Trinity and Scarborough respectively.

Frontman Watson, who recently signed a short-term deal with the Mariners until the end of the season, will be heading for Trinity and is expected to make his debut against Hyde at the weekend.

And Winfarrah, who signed a professional contract with the Mariners during the summer, is set to link up with the North Yorkshire side at the weekend.

Athletic host Lancaster City in a league game.

Town boss Paul Hurst feels that it hasn't quite worked out for the Mariners as yet and feels that the loan move will help him to develop. He said: " Hamish is going to go to Gainsborough. That is done now. That's pleasing that we can hopefully get him out and get some football.

"We'll see how he goes. Hopefully he goes and makes a good impression. I think they've got a game next Tuesday that I might be able to attend. That's my plan.

"It hasn't quite happened but I do feel that the lad's got something."

And the gaffer feels that Caine's loan move to Athletic will help the player to push on.

Paul said: "That's good for young Caine. He's been training a lot better over the past month and it is a great opportunity for him to go and get some game and help his development."

Both deals are for an initial one-month and subject to Conference approval.

Source: www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk

Source

Archived