Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dabbers boss delighted with tough win

FF News

Nantwich Town manager Phil Parkinson lauded the victory over Frickley Town as a fantastic performance.

A single strike in the second half from Matty Kosylo won the game for the Dabbers making it three wins out of four for Parkinson.

Following the game he said: “We don’t particularly do well away at Frickley. So it’s always nice to come here and take all three points.

“As I have said all the way through, the way we will always try and approach games is to get maximum points.

“But to also to play the ‘Nantwich way’ get the ball down and play. But on that pitch it’s very difficult to do and it takes very brave players to attempt to do that.

“Obviously we didn’t do it all the way through the game because it’s just not possible to, it’s that bobbly.

“However I think everybody out there could see we the only team trying to play football on the ground. They were very route one and that’s the way they play, I respect that.

“But that not what I want to see week in week out by players, we try to play in the right way. Obviously to get the end product which is three points it’s a great feeling when your principles are put into practice and you get three points.

“All the games are tight. We are not a team that will go an score four or five. We only get one or two. Everybody is chipping with the front four and the back four were outstanding today.

“But they stuck to there game plan and we had to be on our guard the whole time. We got lucky a couple of times, but so did they, we also hit the post and the crossbar twice. They had a few hopeful balls, which they nearly got on the end of.”

Source: Nantwich Town FC

Source

Archived