Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gillies gets Gateshead return

FF News

Gateshead have re-signed midfielder Josh Gillies from Carlisle Untied on an emergency loan deal until the end of the season.

Gillies, 24, made 91 appearances for the Heed between 2010 and 2013, scoring 19 goals.

Sunderland-born Gillies signed for the Cumbrians ahead of the 2013-14 campaign, but has found his opportunities limited at Brunton Park.

He made 12 appearances on loan at Cambridge United last season, finding the net three times as the U’s were promoted back to the Football League after a nine-year absence.

Gillies is in line to make his second debut for the club at Dover Athletic's Crabble Athletic Ground this Saturday.

And should the Heed make it to the end-of-season play-offs, the midfielder will be eligible to take part.

He said: “I’m delighted to be back. I haven’t been playing much football lately, and I jumped at the chance to come back.

“It’s all happened fairly quickly, but with the team progressing well up the league, hopefully we can kick on and get in those play-offs. I had a few good seasons here, obviously – and I enjoyed it.

“I’ve went away, and it’s been a frustrating couple of years, but I’m thankful to be back. It feels like a place I want to be. We still have to play a lot of the teams around us, and that can only work for us – not against us. It’s in our hands –if we win six of the remaining nine games we can easily get in there.

“Dover’s an interesting one to start with – just the six or seven hours away! But I can’t wait to get on the bus, and get down there and get going.”

Source: Gateshead FC

TheSoccerStore-150x18010

Source

Archived