Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hamworthy chairman to call it a day

FF News

Hamworthy United chairman Mark Bartlett will stand down at the end of the current season and believes the club should seek fresh blood to replace him.

The 48-year-old is set to relinquish the role after the final game of his first season in charge due to work commitments but will retain his place on the seven-strong committee at the County Ground.

Bartlett insisted his decision had been made with “a very heavy heart” but that his new job would make it impossible to commit sufficient time to United’s cause. The outgoing Hammers chief told the Daily Echo:

“A change in my day job means I will be travelling a lot more and I do not believe in doing the chairman’s role half-heartedly. “It has been a fairly stressful year with two managers departing but I have still loved every minute of it and am incredibly disappointed not to be finishing the job I started.

“But the ship is steady and nobody is panicking. Everybody dreams of a sugar daddy but there are not that many around and they probably would want to look at a club further up the leagues. “My advice would be to advertise the role but where any new person would come from, I’m not sure.”

Source: www.wessexleague.co.uk

Source

Archived