Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tigers boss Shaw signs three year deal

FF News

Worksop Town FC have announced that Mark Shaw has signed a new three year contract thus securing his services until the end of the 2017/18 season.

In his two seasons in charge Shaw has taken the Tigers to the Evo-Stik play-off semi-finals and runners-up spot in the NCEL Premier Division.

However, it is not just on the pitch where Shaw has had a major impact. Following the upheaval last summer he was instrumental in helping save the Tigers.

This season he has worked tirelessly to help secure the club’s long term future working on numerous projects including the Worksop Town Academy which is due to start in September as well as setting up the Worksop Town Football in the Community Programme which includes the Tiger Tots, Goalkeeping Club and first team players going into local schools to run coaching sessions, lunch time and after school clubs, etc.

The club believe Shaw has not only earned this contract but has a huge part to play in our future both on and off the pitch.

Commenting on the signing of the contract Kevin Keep, Chairman of the DMC and Supporters’ Society, said:

“In my opinion Mark has thoroughly deserved a new three year contract, not only for what he has achieved on the pitch, where we have over performed for the last two seasons, but also the tremendous work he has done off it.”

“Looking back to last May, when we had no funds, no team and no league to play in, to where we are now is an amazing achievement and a very large part of that is down to Mark.”

“The club is moving forward, but some things this will not happen overnight and will need time to achieve. This will require stability both on and off the field.”

“From my point of view to offer Mark a three year deal was the best option if we are to achieve our goals.”

“As we have already seen from the last two seasons we have a very good manager who has the respect from the full DMC and Supporters’ Society.”

“I have worked very closely with Mark throughout the season and got to know him very well and to be honest I don’t think we could get anyone as passionate as he is about the club, the town, the fans and the people that now run the club.”

“Mark and I have a very good relationship and long may it continue.”

Speaking about the contract and the future Shaw said:

“It is a fantastic honour to sign a new contract and it means a lot to me to be given it. There are two reasons why.”

“Firstly this club is the best club I’ve worked for. The best supporters and the hardest working people behind the scenes.”

“It’s also a great club because of the potential it has for expansion, development and progression.”

“I had a fantastic short time at Shirebrook FC two years ago and got to work with some great people, it got me focused as to how I wanted a football club to work. Being here is a great honour.”

“The second reason is I usually leave a club after my contract has run out for whatever reason and never get to push on the philosophy and plan to the next level. FC United are a similar model to us in my opinion, fan run club who have supported Karl Marginson since they formed.”

“My endeavour will be to take the club back to the Evo-Stik and like FC United to the Conference North. We as a club can become a real power in non-league football.”

“I want to be successful with Worksop Town and give the club the best chance for the future. We are already working on the off-season, pre-season schedule and the squad.”

“It’s nice to know that this season we won’t have any of the major issues to deal with but be able to get the players right.”

“I want to thank everyone for their support and backing over the last two seasons and hope we can get one step closer next season.”

“What I will say is that we need to come together as a town again. We need the sponsorship, support and the Team 500 members.”

“We have a squad and staff to be proud of here. The attendances are up, the performances have improved and we all surely want to keep that and improve it.”

“I cannot do my job without everyone’s support. Together we can be a success on and off the pitch.”

Source: www.worksoptownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived