Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Williams steps down at Colwyn Bay

FF News

Colwyn Bay, relegated from the Vanarama Conference North, hope to make an appointment as soon as possible this week after Gus Williams announced at the presentation night on Friday that he is standing down as manager.

The 34-year-old took over when Frank Sinclair left in January, but despite a strong finish to the season with five wins in the last eight games, he couldn't save the Seagulls from relegation on goal difference after four seasons in the Conference North.

In a prepared statement, Williams said: "When I took over the role of manager from Frank it was on the basis of reviewing it at the end of the season. Within that period the chairman, board, players, staff and supporters of the club have shown tremendous support to what we as a management team were trying to achieve on the pitch.

"Survival was the focus and bar goal difference we would have achieved that.

"However, irrespective of the great effort by all at the club we missed out and now next season Llanelian Road will witness football from another league.

"The chairman and Board have wished that I continue on the role which is greatly appreciated, but with a heavy heart I have decided that the club will benefit from a new voice and to be fair to all it is best that I remove myself from this great family club completely.

"I have nothing but the upmost of respect for all involved with Colwyn Bay FC. It has been a massive privilege and honour working with people who have true passion and love for their club."

Source: www.footballconference.co.uk

Source

Archived