Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rovers celebrate as Programme Editor wins Unsung Hero award

FF News

Tranmere Rovers programme designer Tony Coombes was awarded the Unsung Hero prize at last night's Northwest Football Awards.

The ceremony, held at Lancashire County Cricket Club's Old Trafford ground, saw the great and the good of the Northwest football community honoured in a range of different categories.

The Unsung Hero category saw two nominees from Tranmere with Audrey Evans also shortlisted for the prize for her tremendous hard work at the Club.

Tony collected his award from the BBC's Mike Sweeney and former Manchester City midfielder Paul Lake.

On receiving the award, Tony said: "It certainly was a surprise and great to receive for the commitment to the Club I have supported all my life. I started off being a fan and ended up working for the club.

"I never thought I would be in this situation when I first started working for the club."

Tranmere Rovers in the Community were also shortlisted in a couple of categories for their excellent work in the local community.

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Source

Archived