Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harriers are earning respect - Hockaday

FF News

Dave Hockaday feels Kiderrminster Harriers have earned respect from their recent home performances that have finally banished the losing feeling from Aggborough.

No doubt about it, the reds remain in a serious position at the foot of the National League table but, having gone on a winless run of 22 games, back-to-back successes on home soil have served as a serious shot in the arm.

What’s more, the Harriers players and fans have bonded even more over the last few weeks as effortful performances on the pitch have been matched by hugely vocal support in the stands.

Ahead of the trip to Braintree, Hockaday again hailed the loyalty of the Aggborough faithful.

Speaking to Harriers PlayerHD, he said: “If I was a fan of the football club I would just want my players to go out and put in an honest performance and work hard.

“[i’d want] to go away thinking, whatever the result, that they hand't half put in a real shift.

“We are starting to earn a bit of respect and I think that’s where the bond and the chemistry comes in.

“We are going out and trying our best –as limited as we are in many areas – and the fans are relating to that and are appreciating that, hence we’re starting to get this strengthening of the bond between players and fans."

Source: www.harriers.co.uk

Source

Archived