Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harriers striker wins Asian Football award

FF News

Kidderminster Harriers have sent their congratulations go to striker, Gurjit Singh, who won the Non League Footballer of the Year at the third annual Asian Football Awards on Thursday night.

The prestigious event was held at Wembley Stadium, with gongs handed out to the likes of the Player of the Year, Young Player of the Year and Coach of the Year, as judged by the likes of Kelly Simmons MBE, BBC Sport's Manish Basin and Jermain Defoe, just to name a few.

Our man Gurj was nominated for the non-league award alongside former Harrier and current Gloucester City stopper, Jas Singh, and Grays Athletic's Jey Siva.

Huge congratulations go to him for the win, the latest milestone in a rapid progression that's seen him join Harriers from Tipton Town and settle comfortably at National League level, save for a frustrating current period with injury.

A delighted Gurj said of the award win: "I'm a bit shocked, I wasn't expecting it and I'm very surprised. It's been an amazing journey this last year.

"It's a bit surreal to be honest with you!"

Source: www.harriers.co.uk

Source

Archived