Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Macc boss Askey expecting an open game against Bromley

FF News

Having lost to Bromley earlier in the season, tomorrow’s game offers the opportunity to set the record straight and avenge the result in the reverse fixture- when Macclesfield Town succumbed to a 1-0 defeat.

John Askey agreed, saying: “You try and go through the season without conceding six points against teams you’re playing against and I think if you can do that throughout the season then it stands you in good stead. Obviously at Bromley we could have got three points, even at the end, we should have come away with a draw but that’s gone and tomorrow, they’re just another team that’s in front of us that we’ve got to try and beat.”

The game was a case of Bromley having to pack numbers behind the ball and have to look to hit the Silkmen on the break. Askey believes this was enforced: “I don’t think so much that’s how they set up, I think we forced them into that mindset really as normally they try and play good football. Hopefully, they’ll come here and try to win the game which they need to do as they’re trying to get back towards the play-offs again. I’m expecting quite an open game.”

Macc have won the two previous games against local rivals Altrincham and away at Woking which has conveniently timed with a lot of the squad returning from injury. With a sudden strength of depth to the side, the Silkmen Manager has reason to be encouraged.

“It’s always a good factor when there’s competition for places. Everyone is at my disposal and we’re winning games as well. It means everyone is playing for their place and for me, it obviously makes my job easier when everybody’s available and we’re winning games!”

Source: www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived