Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lambs aim to bounce back in local derby

FF News

Tamworth have an immediate opportunity to bounce back from Boxing Day’s home defeat at the hands of Alfreton Town as we head to local rivals, Nuneaton (kick-off 1.00pm).

“We started slowly in our last game,” admitted player-manager, Andy Morrell. “We never got going in the opening period and were poor.

“I swapped a few things around a bit at the break in a bid to freshen it up and whilst we were half-decent and created a few good chances, we just didn’t reach the levels that we are capable of.

“It’s hard to put my finger on why this was the case; it’s three defeats in a row now so it becomes a test of character.

“At least we have an immediate chance to get back into action and attempt to put things right and kick-on.

“The players need to stand up and be counted now. They are good lads and good footballers and I have every faith in them being able to get back on track.

“It’s going to take hard work and togetherness, two qualities that I know we have.

“We’re looking forward to the game at Nuneaton; it’s a local derby and they are flying high, so it has all the ingredients.

“They pass the ball well, so we have to go there and stop them from being able to do that. We need to be at them from the off and press.

“We’ll go there with a game plan and a real determination to get the right result.”

Source: www.thelambs.co.uk

Source

Archived