Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mixed feelings for Steelmen boss after draw

FF News

Corby Town manager Tommy Wright saw his side end their run of defeats at Steel Park on Saturday afternoon with a hard fought 1-1 draw against fellow strugglers Brackley Town in the Vanarama National League North.

The Steelmen boss was not completely satisfied with a point at full time, however he did admit that there were positives to take from the local derby stalemate.

Wright told corbytownfc.co.uk; "It's mixed feelings, I billed the game as a must win beforehand to the boys. In the end we had to make sure that we didn't lose the game and scored late on to earn a point.

"That's three games in a row now that we have managed to score late and make a fight for it. The players gave their all for 90 minutes which gives us some plus points to take.

"I honestly think that we will play worse than that and win games between now and the end of the season. They certainly had more of the ball but I think we had more of the clear cut chances and were the stronger team.

"The fact that we had our back three with the two wing backs I thought we looked stronger and more solid, and I thought we were more of a threat from set plays and looked dangerous over the top with the pace of Mills.

"Defensively we looked better, but once we conceded we then had to change it again and it worked, so it's pleasing to have the options on the bench.

"I think Kalern Thomas can really frustrate people at times because he has all of the attributes to be a great footballer, he is so athletic but he lets himself down with simple 10 yard passes at times. His goal was fantastic and he does that in training every now and again, he can be a great threat in that wing back position.

"Our form at Steel Park has been horrific but we have to use this as a platform to build on. It was good to not get beat, however we went out to win the game and I expected us to win the game, but now we move on to Chorley and try and get maximum points up there.

"I expect us to be able to retain our place in this division, but we have to keep our minds focused on each individual game as it comes.

"I am looking at everything I possibly can both on and off the pitch to get it right and make it click."

Source: Corby Town FC

Source

Archived